Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need suggestions for repair person in (or around) Mississippi.  (Read 700 times)
jmhyer
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:49:25 PM »

Okay, I'm making this inquiry for a friend.  He has a 1940's Gibson J-45 that he inherited from his grandfather and it needs some work.  I haven't seen the guitar myself, but it sounds like it may need a neck reset and some crack stabilization/repair on the top.  It also sounds like the bridge may be bellying.  Of course, I first advised him to make sure it was kept in a stable environment to minimize further problems, but it certainly is going to need to be seen by a qualified, experienced person.  He (we) live in southcentral Mississippi.  I told him that I didn't know anyone in this immediate vacinity that I would trust to handle this job.  He is willing to travel a state or two away to deliver the guitar.  He would (understandably) prefer not to ship it UPS/FedEx/etc.

Of course I've already considered unclrob (and, Rob, if you're reading this, you've got a PM).  Anyone else have any suggestions?  Is this something that he would want Gibson to do?

Thanks.

Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:39:55 AM »

Jerry I PM'ed you back.I would need to see it,and if I can't do the job I'll find someone I trust to help him.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: