Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom guitar straps...  (Read 1460 times)
Dan

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:19:40 AM »

Anybody got a links as to where I can get a good custom made leather guitar strap with my name or whatever I want on it?

Thanks

Dan
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 11:04:28 AM »

Most towns and cities have a Farmer's market where crafts people hang out and create custom leather work.

Ron

rpg51

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 12:55:23 PM »

I bet this lady can do most anything your heart desires.  Nice person too.  This link goes to the strap I have on my personal wish list.  If you go to the bottom and hit the arrow to go back you can peruse her entire web site. 

http://www.pccord.com/no%20_01_02.htm

Rob

Bourgeois JOM Cedar
Bourgeois Vintage OM
Bourgeois Vintage D
Gibson A4 Mandolin (1916)
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 03:02:47 PM »

Most towns and cities have a Farmer's market where crafts people hang out and create custom leather work.

Confirms the saying "think globally, act locally."
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »

We have a fellow locally who is a shoe repairman, but also makes custom saddlery, rifle slings, knife sheaths, and guitar straps. He does quite good work.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
love2play21

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 03:34:00 AM »

www.jeridesigns.com

Jeri is topnotch.  I have a strap that she made me and it is incredable, and do hope soon to have a second.  If nothin else check out her website adn see all the incredable straps she has made for various artists. Anything and everything she can make the strap of your dreams!
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »

I don't know where you are... I am in the south Florida area. There is a local guy named John Brown, who hosts an open mic at a local Irish Pub (John Martin's Pub).  He makes custom guitar starps in leather. He has been working with leather for years. You may recall or have seen pictures, of the old leather fringe ponchos and jackets, that Crosby used to wear during his Byrds and early C,SN and Y days. That is John's handywork, he made those.

I will post contact info for him later.
davidsowk

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 03:00:34 AM »

I bet this lady can do most anything your heart desires.  Nice person too.  This link goes to the strap I have on my personal wish list.  If you go to the bottom and hit the arrow to go back you can peruse her entire web site. 

http://www.pccord.com/no%20_01_02.htm

Wow!  This is exactly the type of strap that appeals to me, conservative, classy, quality.  Thank you for the link, I'll accidentaly let my wife have a look.  (Christmas isn't that far away)
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 03:18:12 PM »

Here is the email contact info for John Brown....  gringo64@bellsouth.net 

By the way John is also a Larrivee player. He plays a Maple Jumbo 12 string almost exclusively.
Dan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 10:40:28 PM »

Thanks for all the responses. Really helpful stuff!

Dan

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: