Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dr ducks ax wax and string lube  (Read 1292 times)
markanthony

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2006, 10:56:46 PM »

Well this is a product I have seen around for quite a while now but have not tried it until now.I was also very skeptical about this product because they claim it can be used on just about every part of the guitar,the body,neck,fretboard and even strings and metal parts WOW.
      Even after I bought it I still was not sure about using it because it seems to be some type of oil.The first victim my  satin larrivee parlor that was already polished,I rub it in on every part of the parlor and it made my parlor look even more like a gloss parlor.Next was my new National Radiotone,this product seems to make the sunburst look even deeper and richer, the same with my gibson bluesking.It will not buff out scratches but it will make your ax look its best.

Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 02:04:37 AM »

I have never been able to make the stuff work.  It won't clean a guitar, it seems to put some sort of shine over the finish.  I feel there are much better products out there.  But I'm glad it worked for you.

E. Shoaf
markanthony

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 02:26:09 AM »

you really have to use a few drops at a time and do a lot of buffing,if you use too much and do not buff enough your guitar will feel a little greasy.just keep buffing

HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 02:52:43 AM »

I love that stuff, I use on all of my Larrivee necks as well as my very old strat necks. Be careful, a little goes a long way;-)

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 01:12:40 PM »

you really have to use a few drops at a time and do a lot of buffing,if you use too much and do not buff enough your guitar will feel a little greasy.just keep buffing

Yeah, that's what the directions say as well.  If you can still feel it, you dodn't rub enough.  Instead of spending a half hour rubbing the grease off my guitar, I would rather use another product that cleans quickly and I can be playing for that time.

E. Shoaf
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 05:49:45 PM »

Don't know about the body and neck, but I found that it works great on the nut and saddle if strings have any problems with binding up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: