00-03 and/or00-03R???

Started by Blue in VT, September 07, 2006, 03:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howdy all,

I've been lusting after 00 models for the last few weeks.  They seem to be few and far between these days.  And from what I can see the recently sold ones are out of my league right now.  Did Larrivee ever produce satin versions of the 00 series??  It hink I would go with RW on this one to round out my collection...but satin would certainly make it more affordable.

Thanks,

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Quote from: Blue in VT on September 07, 2006, 03:13:08 PM
howdy all,

I've been lusting after 00 models for the last few weeks.  They seem to be few and far between these days.  And from what I can see the recently sold ones are out of my league right now.  Did Larrivee ever produce satin versions of the 00 series??  It hink I would go with RW on this one to round out my collection...but satin would certainly make it more affordable.

Thanks,

Blue

I don't recall ever seeing a 00-03.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

me either

There is a 00 Morgan for sale at a certain guitar shop in Toronto that looks very tasty.
Ron

If they made them, I would have one...but they don't make them... :EM>

don't even think about going here:

http://www.12fret.com/new/santa_cruz_00-M_guitar_pg.html

WOW!   WOW OWWOWOWOOOW  WOW!
Larrivee D-03 Custom 1.75" nut, Bearclaw top, Upgrade level mahogany b/s  (Trinity Guitars Custom)
Larrivee 000-50
Guild F-30 Aragon Sunburst (Tacoma built, Adirondack top)
Gibson L-130

STOP IT!!!!  you guys arn't helping my GAS at all!!!!! :POL> :POL>

Remember my affordabilty statement from the first post....if money weren't an issue....Id proably pick up the 00-50mt that dave has at Guitar Adoptions......... :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

thanks for the info

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170

I've played that Santa Cruz 00 at the Twelfth Fret and, oddly enough, it didn't do much for me (although it's undeniably a very nice guitar).

I think it's because in my heart (or in my dreams) I'm holding out for a sunburst H-13.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

The Tacoma parlors are 00 size with a dresd depth body and there are some economic satin versions-and most importantly they play and sound powerful for there size-I also have 2 Larrivee's; an L and OM.

Not satin, but still available 00-05.  PM me to discuss if interested.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=12945.0

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the offer...I think I'm more in dream mode right now.  I can't believe that you haven't had any bites on that gorgeous little guitar yet!  :?  Good luck with that sale...if I fall into some money...and it still available...I'll ciontact you.

thanks

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170

Quote from: Tycho on September 08, 2006, 09:34:29 AM
I think it's because in my heart (or in my dreams) I'm holding out for a sunburst H-13.

If you are seriously considering a sunburst H-13 (beautiful guitar that sure turns my head) you are up there high enough to do a Greven L-00v. Might want to check it out.  Quite a guitar.  Neck custom carved to your own personal desires. Spot on reproduction of a Gibson L-00.  Beautiful sunburst top.  Food for thought.  http://www.grevenguitars.com/GrevenGuitars.html
Rob

Bourgeois Vintage OM
Larrivee D-05 MT

Thanks, rpg.  I'm very curious about those Grevens as well after reading the write-up in Acoustic Guitar.

It's idle speculation right now.  Until we sort out the storage situation in our new house, I won't be buying a new guitar for a while.  Right now, I practically trip over a guitar every time I turn around.  Which is not such a bad thing, of course.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition