Audacity question

Started by davidsowk, August 27, 2006, 11:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am having all kinds of fun recording myself using Audacity.  I would like to add reverd and delay to my recordings but I cannot make head or tails of the included effects.  How can I get a good reverb sound from Audacity?  what about delays?

Thank you for your attention.

David

There is excellent help available here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/tutorials

Audacity will also allow you to use VST effects if you enable the add-in they have linked at their site.
Ron

Thankyou Ronmac for your reply.  I have looked at all of the tutorials and I have enabled the VST plugins.  My problem is that I do not know how to program the reverb or delay plugin to achieve a reasonable sound.  Are there other plugins available that are easier to use?

What are the names of the reverb and delay plugs that you are using? Some are easier than others to use, but they all have parameters that need to be tweaked for your taste.
Ron

Audacity is still very primitive when it comes to effects. All of the effects take some experimentation to get them to sound usable.

There are other plugins you can get to add to Audacity's collection of effects. There are many more VST plugins available but you need to install the VST enabler to make them work. Just download the ZIP file at the link and put the .DLL file in the Audacity plugin folder along with your VST plugin's DLL.

Here is a better FREE reverb than the one that comes with Audacity. It is called Ambience. You won't see the graphic user interface that Magnus designed because Audacity is still having licensing issues with Steinberg.

At least you can control the Dry and Wet signals right off the top of the plugin which makes the reverb much easier to handle.
2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La

Thank you for the help.  I have installed the VST enabler and am trying to use the plugins that come with Audacity such as the Gverb and delay effects.  I will certainly try Ambience immediately.  Does anyone know where to find other VST plugins?

They should come out with an updated version inspired by Frank Zappa:

Unmitigated Audacity