Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best passive pickup...  (Read 843 times)
Dan

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2006, 02:51:54 AM »

What is the best passive pickup with the best feedback resistance. I play live alot and play at high volume levels so I need something with feedback resistance.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan
stuco

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 03:08:50 AM »

afro

Everyone everywhere recommends the K&K pure western mini as a fairly high output highly feedback resistant, highly affordable unit.  But I've never tried one.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 03:15:11 AM »

You might want to check out the Dean Markley Sweet Spot.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »

K&K Pure Western mini.  Go read the acoustic pickup reviews at Harmony Central.  You'll see that K&K has the highest percentage of happy customers as any pickup out there.  $90 and esay to install. Add their (Pure) preamp for tone shaping and proper impedence matching and I guarantee you will get asked where the mic is.  Happens to me all the time.

Here's a quote from the Collings forum:
Having owned 15 Collings, and been through the usual list of suspects for pickups (active, passive, undersaddle, soundhole, mini-mic, the whole nine milimeters), I now use K&K pure western mini pickups in the two guitars I gig with (a CJA and an OM1A cutaway short scale). The two guitars sound entirely different, and the pickups accurately reflect those differences. I have found no pickup that is simpler, more economical, less invasive, more transparent, and easier to use than K&K. If I still had a D1A (I love 'em, but the CJA was just a freak of nature), I would not put anything but a K&K in it. to this point, they have the product that more simply and most certainly reflects the sound of the guitar you bought.
I have K&K Pure Western minis on three guitars.  I agree with the above 100 percent.

David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: