Dallas/Ft. Worth or Austin Luthier Recommendations

Started by inspector13, August 04, 2006, 10:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I need some recommendations for a quality luthier in Dallas and/or Austin Texas. I live and hour north of Austin and work a couple days a week in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I need to have some bridge work done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2006 Larrivee P-05
1971 Guild D-50
1972 Yamaha FG180

I highly recommend Roger Crisler who has his own shop located at 1818 No. I-35 in Carrollton.  972-242-4050.  Roger is an authorized Gibson repair center and he has set up many acoustics and several electrics for me.  He does fantastic work and is reasonable.  His shop is closed on Sundays and Mondays.  You may have to leave a message, but he'll get back to you.  His shop is a little farther north up I-35, but it is well worth the journey.
Bill
Collings OM2HSB
Bryan Shaw Custom Acoustic
1974 Alvarez Yairi DY77

Anderson Guitar gallery in Frisco is great.  Steve is wonderful to work with.  www.andersonguitargallery.com   

kilgorekid
where exactly up in carrollton is roger is that near michael's music up towards lewisville?

Hi, Love2,
Roger's shop is south of Michael's (which is in Lewisville).  His shop is located at 1818 N. I-35 in Carrollton.  It is off I-35 between Belt Line and Whitlock on the East side of the freeway.  I know Steve Anderson and he does nice work, also.  I think Roger's shop is more convenient for the Inspector since he'll be coming north on I-35.  Roger is an authorized Gibson repair center, also.  He has done some wonderful work for me and I highly recommend him.  Nice guy, too.
Bill
Collings OM2HSB
1974 Alvarez Yairi DY77

Will meet with Roger today. His location is great for me today, I will be working in Valley Ranch near the Dallas Cowboys practice facility. It will be less than 10 minutes away. I will drop by Andersons sometime and check out the store. I work all over the metroplex doing real estate inspections and get to check out lots of the music stores but don't know about the repair part of the stores...will have to change that. Hopefully the meeting with Roger Crisler will go well. Thanks for the help guys!
2006 Larrivee P-05
1971 Guild D-50
1972 Yamaha FG180

So, Wade-I've been wondering how your visit with Roger turned out.  Anything to report?
Bill
Collings OM2HSB
1974 Alvarez Yairi DY77

Well, Roger was suppose to meet me at the shop shortly after noon on Monday. I called several times (left messages) and never got a answer of call back, so I went by there and knocked on the door no answer. So I gave up. On the way home I stopped by Lancaster Pro Music (Larrivee dealer) and had Ted look at the guitar. He said he was not very concerned with the bridge lift at this point but I should monitor it closely. Think I may take it by Charley's Guitars in Dallas to get a second opinion.
2006 Larrivee P-05
1971 Guild D-50
1972 Yamaha FG180

Wow!  Roger was a no-show!  I'm sorry to hear that and I apologize for your inconvenience.  He really is a great tech and I don't know why he wasn't there.  I hope all goes well with the bridge.  Guess I'll have to get Rog a daytimer for Christmas!
Bill
Collings OM2HSB
1974 Alvarez Yairi DY77

I'm sure something came up that could not be avoided.
2006 Larrivee P-05
1971 Guild D-50
1972 Yamaha FG180

Sorry about the inconvenience.  That's a bummer.

+1 on the second opinion idea, though.
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

Quote from: inspector13 on August 08, 2006, 08:32:50 PM
Well, Roger was suppose to meet me at the shop shortly after noon on Monday. I called several times (left messages) and never got a answer of call back, so I went by there and knocked on the door no answer. So I gave up. On the way home I stopped by Lancaster Pro Music (Larrivee dealer) and had Ted look at the guitar. He said he was not very concerned with the bridge lift at this point but I should monitor it closely. Think I may take it by Charley's Guitars in Dallas to get a second opinion.

You should talk to Jim at Texas Guitar and Sound in Grapevine.  He does fantastic work on just about anything and from personal experience better then anyone else i have ever delt with.

You will have to call and see when he is available.  Im sure you wont be disappointed. 972-745-0133

Go to Anderson GUitar in Frisco. Steve is really, really good....I just bought my D-09 from him...You cannot go wrong...