FT: Larrivee LV-09FM (Still Torn)

Started by Calvin, August 03, 2006, 08:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello all,

Up for trade (well assuming the offers are right) is an LV-09FM (flammed maple) :GRN>

I guess I've decided that somestuff has to go.  This is a nice guitar, comes with fishman passive saddle pickup(so I've been told when I first got it).  Few nicks and dings here and there (nothing visible from 3 ft away, I'll send details upon request).  Finish is slightly cracked along upper right bout side of the rosette (common with larrivees), the crack follows the purflings.  There is an added-on Pickguard (I believe is also from larrivee)  Has a bone saddle, but it's got Tusq Pins (with abalone dots, but the pins are really lose, I guess the previous owner didnt' think before he changed them),  Everythign else is pretty standard.  I just put a new set of D'addario EX-P's on it (I can't belive the salesman sold me 4 packs of this junk :UND>), 'cause I wanted a brighter sound.  But it sounds much much much better with non-coated strings (which I can put on before shipping).

My honest opinion: It's not what you would consider as a 'rich' guitar like rosewood, it's a much more straight forward perky sound (think jumbo mixed in with maccaferri), still beats a Taylor 614 anyday, ideal for Bossa Nova and Jazz.  Best played with a heavier gauge pick with a sharp end.  Seems very sensitive to environment, much more so than any of my other guitars (Sometimes is my best sounding guitar, other times just meh).

But I really dont need cash so this one is up for TRADE ONLY (unless you want to pay me $1500).  If you have something 'more' high-end, we can probably work some cash in from my side.  But please dont offer me 6 yamaha's + 1 Cort  :GRN>.

What I am looking for...

Larrivee LSV09
Bourgeois anything (particularly an OMC) <--- THIS is what I want
Eastman 805's (05's and after, I've been told the ones before that were really hit and miss)

er ...  That's about what I can come up with ... ... Let me if you have something else.  Or pass the information along if someone is looking for something like this.  I'll get some pictures up later tonight when I get back.  But I belive there should be a few that I've posted from when I first got it.

------------ edit -----------------

Here are some pictures of the front.  I'll try to get the ones for the back up soon.  The old link seems broken.
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=11186.0
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

Calvin- This blonde is not for me, but I appreciate the way you tell it. I would buy a guitar from you anyday without fear.  BRAVO to guys like you!
L-03k                                                                                                                        gibson cl-40                                                                                                          om-35 short scale

Any interest in my Breedlove J10/MY (myrtlewood/sitka, MasterClass appointments, undersaddle pickup w/ NO onboard preamp)?  It's value is a little above yours, but if you are interested let me know...
Larrivee LV-09BW
And a bunch of others...

Thanks for the vote of confidence woodhugger.  I am just trying to honstly depict a guitar.  There is no perfect guitar.  But if someone is gonna trade me for this, I want them to end up with something that is a solution to their needs.

I've had a few good offers, most of them not what I am looking for though.

Ozrufus, I dotn know what a J10 sounds like.  Fact is I've heard like 1 breedlove being played ever hahaha (no idea what is was, rosewood and sharp cutaway i think). But PM me about what type of difference you are looking for.  And it would be great if you can point me to a sound sample (that has not been significantly EQ'ed).  I really like the AEX 1500, but I already have a hollow body, and I can't justify 2.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon

Finally have some time to get some pictures up.  Changed my Opinions on EXP's, I've not played it for a few days and these new strings actually now sound better that they are settled in (I still like uncoatedmuch better).  Very crisp and thumpy sounding instrument, wouldn't be out doneby most jumbo under 1500 (used price).

I've highlighted the nick at the bindings (treble, lower bout), there is a discoloration at the top of headstock (dont know), and the rosette is cracked along purfling (which I've highlighted) at both ends of the pickguard.  Please dont ask me how they happened.  They came like this when I bought this guitar.  It's nothing major certainly.  Frets are fine, very fine.  Action is medium.

Once again, trades only please (unless you are willing to pay $1500).  OM sized guitars (like around that size range) if you have acoustic.  Eastman archtops I'd like too.  And of course _ANY_ Bourgeois (cept for hog dread). We'll work out the price difference.  But if you have something in mind please do tell.

Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon

nice one, cal :ph34r:

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Bumpity bump  :GRN>

Okay back to work hahah.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon

I didn't know what I was thinking, I can't believe no one wanted to offer me a lesser guitar + something else.

I played it again today, and I was like ... what was I thinking hahahha.   Short of a Bourgeois/Collings, this is off the market.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon

THAT is one sweet looking Larrivee, I think you did the right thing!

(You are a straight shooter Cal;-)
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

Deja Vu

Good call..

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

Good!  I was just readying to email you with a trade possibility of a near mint, fabulous LS-09 Walnut!

Phew!
Larrivee D-03 Custom 1.75" nut, Bearclaw top, Upgrade level mahogany b/s  (Trinity Guitars Custom)
Larrivee 000-50
Guild F-30 Aragon Sunburst (Tacoma built, Adirondack top)
Gibson L-130

Is it a cedar Top?  I am actually torn about it.  I dotn want to trade it away, but I really dont play it enough (mainly because of it's size) to justify keeping it.  It's a nice guitar, and it should go to a better home that I can give it.

I think at this point I am looking for OMV's, Must be rosewood with cutaway. Larrivee OMV 60/Martin OM28/bourgeois OMC are all good.  Unless you have an LSV 09 (if you have the cedar top we can really talk).

I dont really want OOO's (in the tradition small top bout sense). I realize that Some martin OM's are called OOO's because of scale length, those are fine.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon

Quote from: Calvin on August 20, 2006, 04:22:46 PM
Is it a cedar Top?  I am actually torn about it.  I dotn want to trade it away, but I really dont play it enough (mainly because of it's size) to justify keeping it.  It's a nice guitar, and it should go to a better home that I can give it.

I think at this point I am looking for OMV's, Must be rosewood with cutaway. Larrivee OMV 60/Martin OM28/bourgeois OMC are all good.  Unless you have an LSV 09 (if you have the cedar top we can really talk).

I dont really want OOO's (in the tradition small top bout sense). I realize that Some martin OM's are called OOO's because of scale length, those are fine.

What about Martin MC-16GTE - M is what they call their 0000's.
04 Larrivee DV-03E | 00 Tacoma JK50CE | 08 CA GXi | 08 CA Cargo XS-CE
used to own:
99 Guild F47CE (Westerly) | 02 Martin SPJC-16R | 03 Martin DC-16RGTE | 03 Martin MC-16GTE | 05 Seagull MJM6 w/ QII | 01 Washburn EA20SDL | 02 Guild JF-30 Sunburst | 00 Taylor LOTF 410MACE | 02 Tacoma JF21 | 08 CA 7M-CE (GX)

OK what do you think,00-09Koa Custom.

I don't know I'm asking its not like I need another guitar,but the 09 maples are to cool. :arrow
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I think very highly of that koa OO (OO over parlor anyday), but I need a cutaway (and I already have a martin LX-1 and a smaller folk solid top).  Damn that's tempting...  But I think I should stand ground and go with my rosewood OM 15" bout thing.

Works in Theory: I think the M is a bit too big (are they 16"?), 16 is mahogany right?  I'd be back to the same place.  I've never heard of the GT series though?  not GE series as in Golden Era?  Sorry I am rusty with my Martinese.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon

BTW I thought this thread was dead hahaha. :nanadance
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon

:nanadance :nanadance is a cedar top blonde! :beer :thumbsup
Larrivee C-03RE 97' (fishman stereo blender)
Trace acoustic amp TA50R
Fishman Pro-EQ Platinum
Samson airline UHF guitar wireless system
Max Lucado Devotional Bible

Quote from: Calvin on August 30, 2006, 03:01:23 AM
I think very highly of that koa OO (OO over parlor anyday), but I need a cutaway (and I already have a martin LX-1 and a smaller folk solid top).  Damn that's tempting...  But I think I should stand ground and go with my rosewood OM 15" bout thing.

Works in Theory: I think the M is a bit too big (are they 16"?), 16 is mahogany right?  I'd be back to the same place.  I've never heard of the GT series though?  not GE series as in Golden Era?  Sorry I am rusty with my Martinese.

Here's info from Martin. Hmmm it doesn't say what the bout is if that is what you are asking. Doesn't seem big to me - my smallest guitar but then again I like Jumbos. Yes Mahogany.
http://www.mguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?m=MC-16GTE&p=i
04 Larrivee DV-03E | 00 Tacoma JK50CE | 08 CA GXi | 08 CA Cargo XS-CE
used to own:
99 Guild F47CE (Westerly) | 02 Martin SPJC-16R | 03 Martin DC-16RGTE | 03 Martin MC-16GTE | 05 Seagull MJM6 w/ QII | 01 Washburn EA20SDL | 02 Guild JF-30 Sunburst | 00 Taylor LOTF 410MACE | 02 Tacoma JF21 | 08 CA 7M-CE (GX)

Quote from: danerada on October 11, 2006, 08:12:57 AM
How about a C-10?

http://homepage.mac.com/danerada/mynewlarrivees/PhotoAlbum8.html

Talk about an old thread,

Sorry man, I am only looking for OM's (WITH A CUTAWAY) or other traditional sounding guitars.  Bourgeois OMC, Collings (I like their hog guitars), Larrivee OMV-60, ect...  Had I traded for a C-10, I would have ended up where I started off with.  Other guitars I would like include McIlroy (not McElroy), lowdens or avalons of smaller stature.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Rivera Sedon