Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Which looper for me????  (Read 488 times)
lewivee

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2006, 02:53:09 AM »

OK, here I go again asking looper questions -- specifically the Boss RC-20XL (can't afford/don't need the 50) and the Digitech JamMan. Sooner or later I have to get this figured out! If anyone has a knowledgeable opinion of the two compared to one another and wants to respond based on what I want to do with it, below, PLEASE do! (And to add to the confusion, of course, there's now the Boss RC-2...)

I just want to play solo guitar and vocals with layered guitar (and maybe vocal) loops. I want to play, say, a verse, and record it, then play my chorus, then play the recorded verse while I do a lead solo over it.

I may also want to also run my mic into it so I can sing a harmony part over, say, a verse or chorus.

I don't ever want to store loops; I want to make them all "live" in a performance.

I assume I can, within recordable time limits, record, say, 2-3-4 guitar sections and a vocal section. Possibly add a percussive beat from my guitar?

I don't want to have to use my hands!

I also know that once I get whichever unit I get, I'll either find more things that I want to/can do with it, or find things that I WISH I could do with it. I'm hoping that there aren't too many of the latter.

If anyone has anything to offer that will help me choose between these two units, based on what I want to do with it and maybe some things that you can anticipate me obviously wanting to do with it that I'm not yet aware of, please share, and thanks VERY much. I'll take all the help I can get.

- SL
  Proud LV-03E owner since 2004
tiktok

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:00:23 PM »

Check out this thread over at AGF:

http://69.41.173.82/forums/showthread.php?t=83356

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: