"Things I've Seen" Also from the Farmer's Market show

Started by dberch, June 29, 2006, 09:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another recording from the same show.  This is one of mine.  I gotta tell ya ... I'm really enjoying jamming with Brian Stear, the harmonice player.  I just found out yesterday he once toured with Koko Taylor!  I feel so honored that now he wants to do acoustic stuff with me.

Things I've Seen (MP3, 4.4 meg)

Listen for the part in the first break where my guitar goes away for a second... That's were I turned to Brian with my mouth hanging open, and I just plain forgot to play!

Hope you like it.  This one of the most fun shows I've ever done. And I'm planning to do more with Brian.

David
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Sounds great! My only negative comment is that your lead vocal is buried in the mix...it could be about twice as loud.
What pickup do you have, on which Larrivee? It sounds like the factory B-Band to me.

Doug J
Larrivee (1996) LC-09
Martin (2007) D-28
Aria AD-80
Seagull S6/Cedar
Epiphone Masterbuilt 500N
Yamaha FG-512 12-string
Eko Ranger XII 12-string, EMG undersaddle p/u
Tacoma Thunderchief bass
Vantage VS-695B Electric Bass
Rickenbacker (1986) 330-12 Mapleglo  blk h'ware
Flea Ukulele
Lanakai Bari Uke

Thanks, Doug.  Actually, the guitar is neither Larrivee - it's "Old Reliable" - my 15 year old Ovation Elite played through a Boss AD-8 acoustic processor.  It was too hot and humid to sweat all over my Larrivees.  : )  You're right about the vocals. I'm always self-concious about my singing so I compensate by not turning up loud enough.  I'll have to watch that. 

David
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

David, I second the recommendation for bringing the vocals up. The AD8 does a great job of smoothing out the Ovation sound.
Ron