Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Behringer C-2 Condenser Mic Stereo Pair  (Read 722 times)
musicman

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:43:48 PM »

Has anyone used the Behringer C-2 small diaphragm condenser mics (stereo pair) to record their guitar? I'm looking for a cheap stereo pair to record my Larrivee. The C-2's cost only about $50 which makes me worry about the sound quality they produce. Any comments would be appreciated!

D-05
OM-03R-12
sdelsolray

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 04:34:25 PM »

I haven't tried them.  There are several decnt SD mics out there these days, in the $200 to $400 per pair range, that have proven themselves for recording acoustic guitar.  Of course, the remainder of your recording chain, your monitoring chain and your room will all play significantly roles in your recordings too.
classicalman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:19:07 PM »

I have a pair and while my experience is limited you can hear the recordings here: www.soundclick.com/therealplacebos

My guitar (fingerpicking) is recorded with the Behringer.  The other half of the duo (playing the lead fills) is being recorded by an older expensive AKG small condenser.

While the eq on these recordings could be tweaked a bit the overall recording quality is pretty darn good considering the are $50 for the PAIR.

musicman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 04:58:45 PM »

classicalman, thanks for the audio clips! The quality of the c-2's sound great! I enjoyed your tunes as well! That was a big help. I think the c-2's will be a good purchase.

D-05
OM-03R-12
classicalman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 03:20:58 PM »

Glad it helped - that was our first attempt at recording some of our stuff.  Being very critical, I think we can get a more natural recording with a bit more undertanding of mic placement etc.  But for a first effort its not too bad.  The playing was a bit rough too but oh well.  We recorded it as a live duet using GarageBand with a little EQ, some panning and a bit of compression.  We are getting ready to do a real studio effort and will be using those mics as well.  I have also used them as live mics for a house concert - 20% K&K pickup and 80% mic into the PA and it sounded great.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: