Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0 series guitar  (Read 580 times)
Brett Valentine

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2006, 06:17:55 PM »

Just got the chance to play what looked like a mahogany/spruce 0 sized guitar ($1600.00+ used) with slot head tuners.  The nfingerboard was wide and comfortable, and the shorter scale made wide grabs effortless!  What a sound, even with old strings.  It was almost bell-like, and while the bottom end was contained, the lower notes still rang out nicely.  I can imagine what it sounds like with new strings, or even with Nashville tuning.  That one definitely wanted to go home with me!

Brett
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 11:45:08 PM »

Just got the chance to play what looked like a mahogany/spruce 0 sized guitar ($1600.00+ used) with slot head tuners.  The nfingerboard was wide and comfortable, and the shorter scale made wide grabs effortless!  What a sound, even with old strings.  It was almost bell-like, and while the bottom end was contained, the lower notes still rang out nicely.  I can imagine what it sounds like with new strings, or even with Nashville tuning.  That one definitely wanted to go home with me!

Brett

Sounds like the 0-50.  All the 50 series Larrivees seem to get tons of praise on this forum.  More than the 60 (rosewood) series for sure.  The SD-50 and 000-50 seem to be the most popular of these but being the parlor lover that I am, I would love to try the short scale 0-50.  So, you gonna buy it then?

Brett Valentine

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 01:47:49 AM »

Yeah, it's a beauty.  Unfortunately, I just purchased a thinline nylon string acoustic electric, case, and a good direct box (after just recently spending over $1600 setting up a baritone acoustic and picking up a Fishman LoudBox).  So I guess I will have to hold off (unless a real big check comes in. . .) and play it while its there and just make a special order for one when I do have the money handy.

I actually liked the 0 series (or maybe it was 00) maple/spruce model.  That one seemed to ring even more.  THat was the first Larrivee I actually had my hahnds on, and it made that much of an impression!

I think, though, my next purchase is going to be in the other direction, either an L-05, or a Larrivee Baritone (now, if Jean would just experiment with a harp guitar. . .)

Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: