Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZACH, WHERE ARE YOU??????  (Read 1098 times)
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2006, 10:19:35 PM »

We are being swamped with spam.  I know he's been busy but someone's got to be able to reach him to get a few things deleted.  Does anyone know how to get in touch with him other than through email as I've heard he hasn't answered any lately?

Steve
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 11:09:50 PM »

As I said in some other posts I was in touch with him about this issues with this forum and we had made some plans.  Our conversation abruptly was halted.  He holds the key so to speak to everything here, without him it's going to fall apart.  There is just to many 'strangers' in the neighborhood to not keep an eye on your house.

I think something has happened to him?  Hope it wasn't anything serious. :huh:
MrJones

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 03:31:27 AM »

I suggest to start up another domain where the site can be properly maintained and moderated.  Maybe an update of the Larrivee of the month would be in order.

I can help.

I set up and maintain the following sites.

www.foxrunpost.com
www.infinityhealth.org
www.jonesresidence.com

and I play an L-03R ;-)

Cheers,

LittleBrother

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 04:15:31 AM »

I know you guys dont need my advice but let me offer it just in case. There are people responding to the spam posts. If you do that you're making it worse. Forums are a lot of work to maintain and one other way to get in touch with Zach might be to send the paypal button some support. How many people here have donated to that. I imagine that paypal account instantly contacts Zach. You can bet he will see that come in and respond. Plus he's a good guy and probably is tied up. Could have had family health issues or anything.

Also Larrivee probably knows Zach and how to get in touch. I run the Santa Cruz site and even though the forum isn't an official part of the company we stay in touch about once a month. Boy these bots are hell right now and there are actually multiple software sites that sell spam software scripts, software and services. There's an epidemic of spam and until some laws are passed you have to install tons of little mods to your forum to throw those registration and spam bots off. On the forums I manage we are also admin approving all new accounts. So far I have 100% killed them in their tracks but it took weeks to tighten up all the holes. Keep your heads up and dont respond to those posts. They better hope "Simple Machines" has some security mods.

Perhaps Zach might consider someone as alternate admin or allow Larrivee to hold a back door login for emergencies.

LB

Check out my new blues site WEB SITE with free acoustic blues lesson videos and more.
Steve
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 09:42:38 AM »

I suggest to start up another domain where the site can be properly maintained and moderated.  Maybe an update of the Larrivee of the month would be in order.

I allready did.  You want me to put a Larrivée board in Acoustic6String ?

I was going to do a Larrivee.net but I don't want to impose on Zach or Larrivée in anyway.

danijoe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 02:43:04 PM »

SteveK - nice user interface on http://acoustic6string.com/

Joe
expatCanuck

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 02:54:34 PM »

I suggest to start up another domain

One would hope that's not necessary.  Just get the torch passed on this one, and/or implement a more stringent sign-up mechanism.

- Richard

oldWithoutMoney.com

Larrivee L-09 (w/ non-cutout iMix)
Larrivee 00-19
Larrivee OM-0312R

plus a few other treasures
Dan1954

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 11:42:13 PM »

Zack's profile says he was last active on "May 04, 2006, 05:47:10 PM". Maybe he has vanished?

Dan
Ypsilanti, Michigan

Fender F 265-C
Larrivee OM-03
Gibson SG 62' Reissue
Washburn Rover
Late 60's Crestwood Astral II

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: