Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Make Their Own Guitars?  (Read 809 times)
poki
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2004, 04:51:01 AM »

I'm looking into taking the plunge and try making a guitar starting with a kit before my eyes go kaput.  i like the OOO slothead kit that Stewmac has or maybe the OM kit that LMI has.  i have ordered the book  Guitarmaking: Tradition and Technology and i think i have access to all the tools needed...Anyone here have experience making their own guitars?  any advice would be appreciated.

poki B)  

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor
Bryan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:44:54 AM »

Hi Poki, I've just begun my first, a 12 fret 00 slothead in madagascar RW and adirondack spruce.  That's a great book.  Read up at Frank Ford's site, the Acoustic Guitar Forum (luthier's section), and Musical Instrument Maker's Forum.  If you have a luthier in your area, maybe you can beg a bit og his/her time with specific questions.  I find the instrument making (and playing) community to be very kind folks.  I have a few resources for tonewoods that you may not find, especially red spruce.  I just bought a whole bunch of quartersawn mahogany yesterday for necks and bodies, I'm in seventh heaven.  Feel free to email me, I'll send you the address.  I know enough to be dangerous anyway :blink: .

Larrivee OM-09
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: