If I Were A Carpenter

Started by dberch, June 27, 2006, 10:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This was recorded live at the Bloomington Farmer's Market on June 24th. Me with Brian Stear on Harmonica. I hope you enjoy it. 

If I Were A Carpenter

Now, if I could just learn to sing ....   :UND>  Forgot the 2nd verse - sang the 1st verse over, sorta...

Recording: RCA Tape out from PA into a iRiver iFP 895 MP3 player I got for $49 off eBay.

David
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Bravo!!  I loved that.  Thanks.
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

Very nice, Dave but I always thought Tim Hardin wrote it. Sounded like you said John (Tom?) Paxton.

What tuning did you use?
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Quote from: dbirchett on June 28, 2006, 03:43:10 PM
Very nice, Dave but I always thought Tim Hardin wrote it. Sounded like you said John (Tom?) Paxton.

What tuning did you use?

Sounds like open D to me.  I was playing some lead to it while listening and I was playing D pentatonic minor

Thanks guys!

Don: Your are correct - it's a Tim Hardon song.  I was confused (as usual)

Dennis: The tuning is double drop D.  Both "E"s tuned down one full step to a D.  Chords are as follows

D: 000230
C: X3201X
G: X2003X or
    5X0430
D7: 000210 or

David
www.davidberchtold.com

Which guitar are you usin?  I got your invite, sorry I didn't respond...I've been busy searchin for a temporary job...dealin with a psycho ebayer as well...not fun...anyways, sounds great, wish I could have made it out...Do you ever go to any bluegrass festivals?  I'm going up to summer fest next month(wisconsin), you should check it out.  Later.  -Andrew

PS...sounds like you were using an Ibeam...

Also, you should definately think about doin some gordon lightfoot covers, that would be tight...I think you could pull of "early morning rain" pretty good.

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Hey, roknroll, thanks for the feedback.

The guitar is my Ovation, believe it or not.  Played throgh a Boss AD-8 and using a touch of that mic modeling, sounds pretty darn good.  It was threatening to be hot and humid so I left he Collings and Larrivee at home.

I'm sure we'll meet up sometime - good luck with the job hunt and eBay problem,
David
www.davidberchtold.com

Quote from: dberch on June 29, 2006, 01:35:51 PM
Hey, roknroll, thanks for the feedback.

The guitar is my Ovation, believe it or not.  Played throgh a Boss AD-8 it sounds pretty darn good. 

Does tragocaster know that rnr actually likes the tone of an OVATION?

ROTFLMAO  :GRN>
Ron

I don't think ovations sound that bad plugged in, I just don't think they compare to an all solid wood type of tone.  And if you notice in my trag thread posting, I said ovations sound good plugged in.  That ovation does sound REALLY good, IMO.  I just didn't like how trag came to this forum stirring up trouble.  If I found an ovation legend in good shape for 300 clams, I'd probably spring for the purchase. 

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5