Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: amp for OM-03R, with LR Baggs Imix active  (Read 1510 times)
2settersmn

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:53:19 PM »

I have recently purchased my guitar. Can anybody recommend a good amp for my OM-03R with Imix active? Thanks
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:04:07 PM »

Hi, 2settersmn and welcome to the forum! Great guitar you got there.

That's a pretty hard question to answer without some more info.  What are you going to use it for?  Home?  Church?  Solo? band?  Large venue?  Small?  Allt these things have a bearing on what would work best for you.  Give us some more info and I'm sure you'll get more advice than you could possibly ever use  :GRN>

David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
sdelsolray

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:54 PM »

Agreed.  If you could provide more background on your intended uses, and your desires an expectations, we could be of more help.  Also, what's your budget?
whiskeyjack

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:23:36 PM »

My Ultrasound DS3 does a good job with the IMix.  But I've been wondering about a Genz Benz 100 Shenandoah or a Fishman Loudbox or an AER. . . .   Money is always an issue though.  (sigh)

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.
djsonovox

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 02:46:55 AM »

There is a 100 watt Ultrasound at Guitar Showcae, right now. ONLY $325!!!

www.showcaseswapshop.com

Doug J

Larrivee (1996) LC-09
Martin (2007) D-28
Aria AD-80
Seagull S6/Cedar
Epiphone Masterbuilt 500N
Yamaha FG-512 12-string
Eko Ranger XII 12-string, EMG undersaddle p/u
Tacoma Thunderchief bass
Vantage VS-695B Electric Bass
Rickenbacker (1986) 330-12 Mapleglo  blk h'ware
Flea Ukulele
Lanakai Bari Uke
2settersmn

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 03:13:56 AM »

Thanks for your replies, to all. Sorry, I should have given more information. I have done some research. I have tried only two amps:the Shertler David, and the California Blond, and both sound nice. I do not really want to spend that much money. I am new at this and actually am a beginner player, but I try to buy quality in whatever I purchase. I here the Ultrasound DS3 is a good value for the money outfit.I here so many things about so many amps, that after awhile I get confused.  I am trying to stay under $500, and when I am good enough, I can buy b igger and better (i.e.Unico). For now, I am trying not to over buy or under buy. Buying used makes sense, so ebay could be a good way to go about getting something, without robbing the bank to have to pay for it. I looked and looked at this forum and finally decided to get my OM, but only after seeing many positive comments and trying to be frugile at the same time. My guitar does not sound real bright, so I would like an amp that does not sound too muddy or lifeless. For now, I am playing in the living room, and at the shelter house at the park,to get into nature and perhaps I will be tuned into nature and my guitar will sing like the birds. So, the question is, what is the mid range in size and price, that will sound like its having a love affair with myparticular guitar with the Imix? Thanks again for your input.
jmhyer
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 03:38:03 AM »

How about Pastorchuck's Roland that's for sale in the Marketplace section?  Looks like a nice amp for a nice price.

Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami
Brett Valentine

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 12:15:48 AM »

I would definitely check out the LoudBox.  It's a bit heavy, but it gets a good sound, a bit different from the Cali Blonde, and worth listening to at least for a different point of reference.

Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: