Pages: 1 ... 99 [100]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: books: what are you currently reading?  (Read 389826 times)
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #1980 on: August 26, 2018, 02:53:50 AM »

Yeah, should been 427km, almost 267,000 miles.
Geez. I should not have mentioned it. It is just an old truck.
But I did mention it, and I am looking forward to the 300,000 mile tune up.
Mike
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1981 on: August 26, 2018, 07:39:01 AM »

Shoot both of my trucks are close to yours. My R1150RT BMW is the only one with low miles. 26,000.
    Anyway these days I'm only reading the bible. Helps keep me same in an insane era.
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #1982 on: August 26, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »

Peterson is fantastic. He gives some people immense clarity and other's ... the vapors.   
The thing I like about Peterson is that he has brought common sense back into the public arena in a big way.  He is really only reminding us of things that previous generations knew were a given.  I like him a lot and am glad he has put himself out there like he has. 
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #1983 on: August 26, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »

Anyway these days I'm only reading the bible. Helps keep me same in an insane era.
I go through phases like this myself.  I'll read a lot and then go back to just reading the Bible for long stretches.  I'm not sure if this is anyone else's experience or not, but I have a lot of copies of the Bible, and I find that distracting at times.  I tend to enjoy hauling around one copy to read from and treating it like it was something I saved up for or that is very precious to me, when in reality I could get a dollar copy of a Bible at my local thrift store anytime.  When I take along "my Bible" to work to read at break times and lunch, and haul it back home to have by the bedside and during my morning coffee in the kitchen, it ends up seeming more precious to me.   (This is not a religious discussion but more about one man's idiosyncrasies.)
Pages: 1 ... 99 [100]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: