Larrivee D 09 Vs. Taylor 710

Started by HangFire, September 12, 2003, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm new to the Larrivee family, I've just bought a Larrivee Parlor (rosewood) and am considering a D 09.  How does the Larrivee D 09 (rosewood) stack up to my Taylor 710 Dread (rosewood)?

Any input greatly appreciated! :)
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

I'm not sure any one wants to get involved with this one because of the fuss on another Larrivv vs. $$$$$$ tread but maybe someone will jump in who knows.Me I'm staying out of it to much shouting and name calling.Good luck.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

One difference in the Taylor 710 is the top is Englemann Spruce not Sitka.  Englemann has an airy, a bit brighter and more "mature" sound wiht more overtones than Sitka.  Don't get me wrong though, I love Sitka.  Also the neck is 1-3/4".  The 710 is a wonderful guitar with very nice tone and playability.  Some criticize the Taylor Dread for being a bit thin but the newer ones are revoiced and they sound much fatter and richer.  more traditional dread bottomend but maintaining that nice Taylor shimmer...if you're into that sound.  The 710 is a great guitar.  Sorry I can't speak for the D09 but get them both in a room and let your ears and heart tell you.
Mike <><

Hangfire,

You might look at one of the current Limiteds by Taylor,  they're offering Rosewood 410's at a great price.  You should play them both and let your ears decide.

I've got a Larr D-03 that I love, but my new Taylor 414 is fantastic, playability is about the same, but the tone is killer.

Edit: didn't read your post that well the first time, ignore this post.   :rolleyes:  
Larrivee D-03
Larrivee D-02 12 String
Blueridge BG-140 (J-45's are overpriced!)
Gibson J-45 (J-45's were overpriced :) )