Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Groove Tubes Fatfinger  (Read 1020 times)
manthoney

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2004, 02:40:54 AM »

Hi all.

Anyone used a Groove Tubes FatFinger?  I'm curious to see if they really work.  Why not just go to Lowe's (or Menards, for you Midwesterners) and get a C-clamp that doesn't scratch your headstock and is the same approximate weight and try that?  Sure wouldn't cost 29 bucks.  

Any ideas/opinions?

Thanks!

L-01
Trailer Records
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 04:32:10 PM »

Hi all.

Anyone used a Groove Tubes FatFinger?  I'm curious to see if they really work.  Why not just go to Lowe's (or Menards, for you Midwesterners) and get a C-clamp that doesn't scratch your headstock and is the same approximate weight and try that?  Sure wouldn't cost 29 bucks.  

Any ideas/opinions?

Thanks!
Groove Tubes FatFinger? whatzat?

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
dbirchett
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 06:32:08 PM »

It's a clamp on mass to put on your peghead to supposedly add tone, volume and sustain.

About 15-20 years ago, they (I think it was the same or a predecessor company) tried small thin sheets of brass to put on the back of your peghead, under the tuners. The advertising talked about the experience of putting the peghead of your guitar up against something wooden like a headboard and noticing the increase in volume and sustain. I think they were called Fatheads.

Not sure how well they worked but if they had been any good, I supposed we'd see them around today.

Martin, about a hundred years ago, used to put brass sheets on the back of their stauffer style pegheads so I guess there is little new under the son.

http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?pa...rtno=0992180100

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP crying
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi
GTR Florentine Special
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 07:31:58 PM »

Hmmm.

I have an old lead casting pot and a bunch of wheel weights saved up for casting my own round balls (bullets).

I could make a mold for tuner knobs and cast them out of lead and sell them on ebay for $40 a set.  B)

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: