Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hymns in DADGAD  (Read 2485 times)
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:21:17 PM »

I especially enjoy playing the Hymns arranged by El McMeen in CGDGAD, but I am not aware of any Hymns arranged in DADGAD. Would anyone know of any books/cd's using this tuning?

Thanks,

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
play4him

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:53:41 AM »

I know Pat Kirtley covers "Amazing Grace" in DADGAD on his Alternate Tunings video. There are some other good songs on there as well, but Amazing Grace is the only hymn.

play4Him

( @ )===:::
kkrauss

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 06:17:29 AM »

I'm pretty sure a number of songs on the album "Be Thou My Vision" by my friend Jim Earp, are in DADGAD.  That's probably he most common tuning, and I believe he indicates in his liner notes the tuning each song is played in.

http://www.guitar9.com/bethoumyvision.html

-Kent
Chuck40

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:59:29 PM »

I especially enjoy playing the Hymns arranged by El McMeen in CGDGAD, but I am not aware of any Hymns arranged in DADGAD. Would anyone know of any books/cd's using this tuning?

Thanks,

Andy
Do you have a book of McMeen's arrangements? I've been listening to an older album of his with some great arrangements of hymns. Can you get it direct from him via his website?
dermot

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 04:36:14 PM »

here's his site, you can contact him there;

http://www.elmcmeen.com/

Super nice guy ;-)

Ta,

d.
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 02:52:40 PM »

Do you have a book of McMeen's arrangements? I've been listening to an older album of his with some great arrangements of hymns. Can you get it direct from him via his website?

I have a couple. Since I don't know about anyone else, but I generally start getting ready for Christmas Church services in August, you may want to get his 'Soul of Christmas Guitar' This book is really good. His book 'Celtic Treasures' (going on memory about the title) is also really fun to play if your into Celtic tunes. His version of 'Mo Giolla Mear' (most likely spelled incorrectly), is really a kick to play.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
Chuck40

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 09:27:51 PM »

I got in touch with El, and he had ONE copy of the book of hymns from the "Of Soul and Spirit" CD; I checked out his website, and I plan on getting his other two book/CD combos as well.
I think he does a really nice job of arranging - the tunes are great to listen to, and are generally fairly simple arrangements.
smassey3

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 02:48:25 AM »

I am just finishing up my new Hymns for Guitar Song Book with Tab  (all 12 songs in DADGAD) and should be read for sell and download in a month or so. Here is link
www.stevemasseydadgad.com

Great to hear other DADGAD Hymn players out there!!
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: