Larrivee Parlor Mp3

Started by TaylorFishin', April 09, 2004, 12:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I couldn't sleep tonight so I decided to finally record my "Little Larry".
He's a Koa/Spruce model and love's to travel. He enjoy's Fingerstyle with the rare strum thrown in just for fun. ;)

I've wondered what the little Parlor would sound like recorded for quite some time now. I decided, since I'm wide awake at 1:00 AM, tonight is the night.

I used one ADK mic into a small 6 channel mixer then straight to my PC's soundcard. This was the first take. There are a few missed notes but I figured it was about as good as I would get it tonight. :D

http://webpages.charter.net/watts100/My%20...0Music/Reed.mp3

I'm off to bed.....

Scott

Nice job Taylor...i also have a koa/spruce parlor "Kekoa" but i don't play it anywhere near as good as you but i'm slowly improving.
poki B)  

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

Scott,

Thanks for that, it is very cool!

What song is that?

Z

Well, we hear the results of matching a very schweeeet sounding guitar with a really great player. It doesn't get any better than this campers.

Nice job, TaylorFishin'.   What is an ADK mike,
and how far was the mike from the guitar?

Thanks very much everyone! Your kind words are very encouraging to me.

Poki - You have great taste in guitars!  :D  I have found playing guitar to be a never ending learning process.

Zmony - The song was written by Jerry Reed. It's called "Blue Finger".

Tom - You are too kind!

Bluzdulcimer - The ADK mic is a little known hidden Gem. (At least I think).
My Vienna Edition model is a large diaphragm condenser. ADK's are made in China and seem to be of high quality. I have a Rode NT1 and much prefer the ADK. The S51 or Vienna Edition are around $225.00 new.
They were recommended to me by the owner of a local Bluegrass establishment. He has the Top name's in Bluegrass perform at his building every Saturday night. A few of these bands were bringing these ADK's with them for live sound and also using them to record their CD's. Knowing how important a good mic is to a Bluegrass player, I decided to try one.

The mic was about 18" from the guitar where the neck meets the body.

Scott

I've got a Koa/Spruce parlor but mine doesn't sound like that... could be my playing.  

I want to sound like that when I get better!   :o  

Wow!!  I have a little Parlor also, but mine hasn't learned all those tricks yet!  Very nice!!
Michael

2003 Rosewood/Spruce Parlor

Cool!  Nice playing and nice tone from the guitar...

What tune is that or is an original?

Also:

what strings do you have on?

what kind of nut and saddle?

TRES NICE

Thanks slim, little jack, Michael and contact. :D

Contact - The song is called "Blue Finger". It was written by Jerry Reed.
The strings are Elixir polyweb lights. ( I prefer Nanos)
The nut and saddle are both original.

Thanks again guys,

Scott

Gosh...I thought I was listening to Stephen King. (The guitarist....not the writer.) Very, very cool!
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.