What's your next Larrivee?

Started by Larriveeplayer67, March 23, 2006, 09:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LV-05R == LV-09???  :huh:
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

Quote from: ronmac on March 23, 2006, 11:02:28 AM
This would be known as the "Horshack Collection".

LOL ^_^
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

OM-3R coming this week from Jason. Nice complement to the LV-03e, I'm figuring. No electronics, just me and the OM against the world.

/john

Nice. I will probably do the same thing, but backwards. ^_^ (mahog since I own an EIR)
2005 Larrivée LV-03RE
2003 Larrivée Rosewood Special Edition Parlor
1998 Fender American Std Stratocaster
1991 Vantage VS-5 (beater)

QuoteOM-3R coming this week from Jason.
Yesterday I played a new OM-3R and was astounded at how good it sounded next to the Martins, Gibsons, Bourgeous, Breedloves, Guild, etc. in the same "high-end" room.

I discovered it was tuned down a step from normal E to E-flat.  Alas, with no tuner there other than my ears, my attempts to bring it back to E with the other guitars proved less than satisfactory. 

The thought came to mind of Cybernator, who bought my L-03MT recently.  He has it tuned down from E and says it is more resonant and pleasing to his ears.  Makes me wonder if there isn't a "best" pitch (or string tension) for different types and brands of guitars.
Play it daily for best results.

I just got my "hot off the press" brandy, spanky new LSV-11E. It is a beautiful guitar and plays like a dream with the slightly wider neck and the 24 3/4" short scale. I love it, however, there is a mystery buzz periodically when I play certain notes. It is not fret buzz and I am fairly sure it is one of the wires or other components of the Baggs I-Mix system which is installed. The buzz seems to be appear on F#, G and G# notes in the lower register (i.e. strings 6, 5 and 4) and also occasionally on the open G (3rd) string. Also, the buzz decreases and even disappears when I hold the guitar upright (a la Les Paul style) so I figure it is some component of the Baggs system vibrating sympathetically with those frequencies. I have kinda poked around inside to see if I can see anything but nothing obvious. Before I take it to my local luthier for further investigation, anyone encountered this on their Larrivees (I realize that up until 2 weeks ago there were no LSV 11E's out there) but thoughts from anyone who has the I-Mix system on their axe would be appreciated!
"Now I'm gettin' old, don't wear underwear...I don't go to church and I don't cut my hair..."-Jimmy Buffett

Quote from: neskycruiser on March 27, 2006, 09:41:10 AM
I just got my "hot off the press" brandy, spanky new LSV-11E. It is a beautiful guitar and plays like a dream with the slightly wider neck and the 24 3/4" short scale. I love it, however, there is a mystery buzz periodically when I play certain notes. It is not fret buzz and I am fairly sure it is one of the wires or other components of the Baggs I-Mix system which is installed. The buzz seems to be appear on F#, G and G# notes in the lower register (i.e. strings 6, 5 and 4) and also occasionally on the open G (3rd) string. Also, the buzz decreases and even disappears when I hold the guitar upright (a la Les Paul style) so I figure it is some component of the Baggs system vibrating sympathetically with those frequencies. I have kinda poked around inside to see if I can see anything but nothing obvious. Before I take it to my local luthier for further investigation, anyone encountered this on their Larrivees (I realize that up until 2 weeks ago there were no LSV 11E's out there) but thoughts from anyone who has the I-Mix system on their axe would be appreciated!

Congratulations on your new guitar!
Ron

I doubt I'll ever own the next Larry I would've bought.  J-09M or J-10M (Can you tell I love jumbos?).  :<> Boohoohoo for me.  Really, the person who sells one of these needs to be thanked for their generosity as I take it...then shot for their negligence.  ^_^
www.grantcyster.com

Larrivee J-05 Jumbo
Taylor 815 Jumbo
American Series Custom Stratocaster

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7404377029&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D7404377029%26fvi%3D1

Athiests say God doesn't exist...I think not!!  No wait...I do!   :GRN>  I just posted a thread in the Buy, Sell, Trade Forum a couple of days ago looking for a J-10, and I find this baby this morning.  Woo-frikkin-hoo!  Not maple as I posted here, but heck, I've never been dissappointed with rosewood.  Now...J-09 on the way people.  I think that's the beauty I'll part with, since the J-10 is rosewood too.  Sorry Phil!   :WNK>  Come on...how about a nice 9 series hmmm?   :GRN>
www.grantcyster.com

Larrivee J-05 Jumbo
Taylor 815 Jumbo
American Series Custom Stratocaster

OM-03 12-string. ^_^

(Happy, happy me!!)

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Well....... :rolleyes:     

Lets see.........     :huh: