You All Know Your Stuff

Started by unclrob, April 15, 2004, 12:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just wanted to say that when it comes to problem solving you all are pretty dang good at it.It's nice to know that there are guitarist that can fix or at least can diagnose a problem.
Most can't.So keep on keepin on. :D  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

QuoteI just wanted to say that when it comes to problem solving you all are pretty dang good at it.It's nice to know that there are guitarist that can fix or at least can diagnose a problem.
Most can't.So keep on keepin on. :D
Can you help fix my lack of BW problem? I mean at no charge?

got anything to trade ie women ,children to do yardwork,anything along these line's?NUDE PHOTO"S of people{other then yourself} cat's dog's....... :D  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Man, Rob, you didn't tell me I could send in kids or pets instead of payment!  :o  

JasonA Only if they work.Hope your enjoyen your new toj
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Well, the kids are a little small yet, so you can't get much work out of them. Maybe when they're older I can trade em for a spiffy new guitar.  :P

And yeah, I'm enjoying the OM-03BW. When I pulled it out of the box and played I thought it was not bad. But after I put in a bone saddle, new strings, and the tusq pins you sent, it sounds terrific!

Quotegot anything to trade ie women ,children to do yardwork,anything along these line's?NUDE PHOTO"S of people{other then yourself} cat's dog's....... :D
If I'm not mistaken Rob, nude photos of cats and dogs are against the law. A dog really doesn't mind being shaved, but a cat will definitely take exception to the process IMO.

I was thinkin of shaven all six of my wife's cat's :o  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

QuoteAnd yeah, I'm enjoying the OM-03BW. When I pulled it out of the box and played I thought it was not bad. But after I put in a bone saddle, new strings, and the tusq pins you sent, it sounds terrific!
Jason,  was there that much of a difference with a bone saddle and tusq pins?

:huh:  
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

Well, there was a huge difference, but I changed a bunch of things at once, so it was entirely unscientific if you're trying to figure out the effect of one component. :)  The vast majority of the difference I'm sure was because I took off the sound-deadening Polyweb strings (with apologies to anyone who is a fan of them) and put on some nice JPearse PhosBronze. The saddle that Larrivee supplied was rough textured, which seems like a bad idea to me for sound transmission. The bone one I popped in was smooth and I sanded to a very nice fit.

I've heard the differences in saddles before, but I've never heard much effect by pins. Haven't really experimented though. I'm not an unbeliever, just a skeptic. But the tusq ones look nice so I threw them on.  B)

I like the folks at this forum because they aren't tryin' to show off, and they're not trying to put each other down. They really do help each other.  Elsewhere, you can have your education, lifestyle, grammer, writing style, and general existence sneered at just 'cause you honestly stated your opinion. Compared to some of the other forums, this is UTOPIA!

These are good folks.
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

I second that, Giggler. I have posted just twice on the Martin Forum and received some rude responses. I have not see anything like that on this forum and I appreciate the courtesy shown others by everyone who posts here. Very open minded folks here who help each other out.  
Larrivee D-03 (1997 model)
Larrivee LS-05
Larrivee 00-05

I concur - you're all great folks!
Mike
OM-03R

QuoteI like the folks at this forum because they aren't tryin' to show off, and they're not trying to put each other down. They really do help each other.  Elsewhere, you can have your education, lifestyle, grammer, writing style, and general existence sneered at just 'cause you honestly stated your opinion. Compared to some of the other forums, this is UTOPIA!

These are good folks.
Well yes Giggler, except unclrob always puts me down when I talk about playing guitar in the nude. He's hurt my feelings a number of times. I'm sure that if he saw how studly and attractive I was when playing in the buff, he'd be in awe and stop these personal attacks......anybody have a tissue?........sob.......

Seriously, this is definitely a good group of folks and Zach uses a firm yet gentle hand in his moderation. I am the moderator of Celtic Guitar Talk Forum at www.celticguitartalk.com (shameless plug) so I know somewhat of what I speak. Folks will get scared away from a forum where mods allow personal attacks. I took exception to the way mods allowed trolling on the UMGF. I confronted them in a nice way and they were equally nice in their response I'll hand them that. They said that they talked about it a lot and felt that they would be getting too heavy handed in moderating the forum if they started taking too many people to task on flaming and trolling. I agree that being too heavy handed is as bad as allowing chaos. But, there were (and I'm assuming still are although I wouldn't know as I don't visit there anymore) a group of folks that would hijack every thread with their incessant attacks and the mods never took them to task. A shame really as people just wanted to talk music and guitars in a constructive way. I'm afraid that the more of that type of behavior you allow, the more good folks leave and are replaced by the trolls. On a positive note, if it's a troll slug-fest you're into, then there are some forums "under the bridge" that will provide you with that type of entertainment. Thankfully this one is not one of those.

BTW,IMO good healthy respectful diagreements should not be a problem among secure people, but there is a civility, maturity, and respectfulness that must be maintained. It's the Golden Rule in it's best application.

QuoteWell yes Giggler, except unclrob always puts me down when I talk about playing guitar in the nude. He's hurt my feelings a number of times. I'm sure that if he saw how studly and attractive I was when playing in the buff, he'd be in awe and stop these personal attacks......anybody have a tissue?........sob.......

:blink:  
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

OK Tom nude pix are alrite with me let's get a vote......All those who think orsino should pose nude with his Larrivee's please type in. :blink:  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Sorry Guys, but the LAST thing I want to see is Tom posing nude with his guitars.  If he ever does that in one of his videos we should make HIM watch it.
Tom can play, but the mental image this has produced is not a pretty site.  I have met Tom, and seen as much of him "in the flesh" as I want to.
ricks

Goodall
Martin
Collings
Larrivee

I think it all depends on how or where he holds his guitar.
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

WE Want Pix :ph34r:  :)  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

unclrob, Maybe you'd better send him a "J" model just to be on the safe side.
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom