Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Denis on March 03, 2006, 08:09:01 PM
A sales guy at the store where my tech has his shop told me Taylors are all made by machine and not just CNC machines.  He made it sound like they are never touched by human hands during construction.  I find this hard to believe...anybody?

Having been to the Taylor factory (as well as the Martin and Huss & Dalton factories, and seeing how both David Webber and John Mayes make guitars), I can state with a fair amount of certainty that said salesman doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about.
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

AAAAhhhhhhhh

finally something in this thread I can sink my teeth into      :wacko:

Can I have IceCream  AND Pie   ???

:mellow:
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Quote from: BillnhisD-03RE on March 21, 2006, 04:56:33 PM
... told me they would not personally own either of the 100 or 200 series guitars....make me wonder what they are not telling us. :huh:

Just keepin thing going,
Bill D.

Well, considering that my son owns a 210 and I own a 110, I don't think "they" are really holding back at all.  They're all good.
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

Quote from: roknroll on March 21, 2006, 04:51:13 PM
...seeing how most of us started on a piece of S@$% but have moved on to bigger and better guitars...sometimes it's easy to forget where we've come from. 

I dunno...my first guitar back in 1964 was a Gibson LGO that my parents bought me for $124.  And it was a great guitar.  Certainly not a POS.  Wish I still had it.
Phil

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

Now, as to my opinion...

For small body guitars...Parlors and OM style, I much prefer the Larrivees.  Though I just bought a Webber Roundbody that is an absolute killer.

For larger body guitars...dreads...I much prefer the Taylors.  Though I have a Mayes slope D 12 fret on order that I think is going to be an absolute killer.

The playability of both Taylor and Larrivee is very, very close and I like them both.

That being said, if I could afford it, I'd replace all of my Taylors and Larrivees with Goodall Standards and OMs.  That's how good all of the Goodalls I've ever played are.

Phil

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

Phil,

If you sold off everything listed in your signature, you could probably get one of each Goodall!

Just a thought...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: flaggerphil on March 22, 2006, 01:33:05 AM
Well, considering that my son owns a 210 and I own a 110, I don't think "they" are really holding back at all.  They're all good.

Phil I wasnt meaning to insult anyone with either of these two Taylor models I mentioned, dont shoot the messenger! :GRN> I was just stating what I have been told when shopping for a 210 for myself a few months back. These dealers are very large and sell taylors by the fistful, I was going to buy one until they all told me the quality wasnt there. I like several others on this forum dont have a lot of extra money to buy a high end Taylor so I was hoping the 210 was going to fill my needs. I guess I will keep saving change until I find another high end guitar to go with my Larrivee.

Bill D.
Larrivee D-03RE
Yamaha DWX 7C
Fender TC-90" tele"
Fender "strat"
Ibanez AR200
Ibanez Iceman
Digitech RP 300
Fender Cyber deluxe amp

Single malt or Blended. On the rocks in a crystal glass. Maybe I should get both and just tryem till I decide.
No Flaming though I might set on fire :mellow:
Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus

Olson vs. Ryan?  I'll take one of each please.

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Ryan...
Macs...
Seedless...
Creationism...

Larrivee...

better question:

shubb or kyser capo?

I like shubb better...but I have a kyser too

Larrivee OM-O3R (K&K Mini Passive)
Fender Telecaster Butterscotch Blode

keyser!

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Quote from: roknroll on March 20, 2006, 03:41:52 PM
Yeah, but you can't deny the fact that lower end taylors can't even COMPARE to lower end larrivees.  ...the 03 series larrivees offer the player FAR(tone, materials) more than a 2xx,3xx, or even in some cases 4xx taylor.  Not to mention the 03s are cheaper.

I've owned 4 or 5 Larrivees over time that were all wonderful guitars. My original Larrivee literally slipped itself in under the wire as I was about to walk out of the store with a Taylor. The need to get back to a 1 11/16 neck led me to look to replace my OM-03R, and I eventually discovered a Taylor 214. After owning over 15 acoustic guitars throgh the years, I'm here to tell you that this 214 sounds and plays INCREDIBLE.  It's not better the Larrivees I've played, but it's just as good, and for the whole package (tone, sustain, playability, comfort, visual appeal) it's my favorite guitar ever. And it was priced very similar to the mahogany 03 Larrivees at my favorite store.

On the other hand, I've gone to some chain stores and seen a whole row of 2xx Taylors that I thought were not as nice, so maybe they're sending better examples to the boutique stores, I don't know. But at least from where I sit, it's very possible to find low-end Taylors that are price-competitive with Larrivee and truly outstanding in tone, materials, playability, etc.

Rob 

Larrivee OM-03R
Art & Lutherie Cedar/cherry Parlor (the best 200-dollar guitars in the world, made in Canada by real guitar craftspeople) :-)
Click to Read About Art & Lutherie Guitars
Peavey Generation EXP

Yeah, but you can't deny the fact that lower end taylors can't even COMPARE to lower end larrivees

Oh yes I can . . .
Johnson L Body
A&L AMI
Cort Earth 900
Taylor Big Baby
Gold Tone PBR
Regal RC-51
Fender R48
Ariana Classical
Seagull Artist Grand
Gibson SJ
Gibson J-55
Taylor 355
Taylor 414
Larrivée L-05
Guild D-55
Taylor 614ce
Taylor 714ce
Taylor 814c
Kent archtop
Silvertone archtop
Les Paul Custom

roman...the taylor forum is that way     --------------->       

j/k bud...

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Stop all this crying and bitching!!!!And play that freaking guitar and make it sound good...Geez........... if you need to go on forums and defend how good your guitar is cause you spent X amount of dollars you shouldn't bought it!!!!

It's funny when I played lead and shred all the guys would argue who was the best now that Iam playing acoustic  everyone argues which brand is the best.If you can play it doesn't matter what you got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2006 Taylor 814-ce