Pages: 1 ... 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Vs. Taylor  (Read 39771 times)
Bruce Chiriani

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »

Amen to that - this topic started growing whiskers about four pages ago. Let it go, guys - enjoy your respective choices, and don't try to convince the rest of the world that yours is the only valid opinion. Please - give it a rest!

Singin' Fool

1997 Taylor Cujo 14
1999 Larrivee OM-10 reserve koa
2003 Taylor PG LTD
2006  Fender GDO500
2008  Taylor GC7
laughingskunk

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2006, 10:12:06 PM »

I have owned both so I feel safe to say they both make fine guitars. I had a Baby Taylor as well as a 110. I didnt care for the sound of the Baby, a little too bright and bought a Martin LXM which has a lot more bass. The 110 was a great guitar, extremely well made and was very loud. Most likely due to the arched back. It was a great sounding guitar period, and feel it competes well with other higher end Taylors. Also sold it because realized wanted something other than the Taylor sound. I didnt feel when I owned it that it was a lesser guitar-the build quality was as good as anything I've seen, even if used less expensive materials. For about the same money you can get an all solid wood used Larrivee if that is what your looking for. However the 110 to me was a great guitar as well. Playing Taylors I also like the 414 which some may feel is on the lower end.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of good guitars out there. Patrick

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: