Guild F-35NT
Gibson B-25
Yamaha LL-25
Martin D-16H
Martin LX1
1902  "Up toDate Guitar" oak parlor
1944 d-28  Martin ( sold last year )

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 02, 2006, 08:41:28 AM
Wel there you go. Exactly. Well put Rob. 

I'm not so certain I agree...It might be that Unclrob is just in transition, and is still at the halfway point. We (snobs) should help him along by encouraging him in his quest for the correct mind set.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

HELP MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!I can't do it on my own.........PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

:GRN>
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

Quote from: unclrob on March 03, 2006, 08:03:06 AM
HELP MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!I can't do it on my own.........PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Rob, take two acoustics and call us in the morning.  :GRN>
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

wait a minute, I thought he was surrounded by acoustics all day...just walk out into the showroom and embibe.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

David....LOL

Andy...yes I am surrounded by acoustic all day but I don't make that much money to own them all......Donation welcomed. :GRN>
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Keith Richards has been quoted  as saying, "If you don't play acoustic, you don't play guitar" .

Checks in the mail, that's Rob with a U right?

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

To me acoustic and electric guitar are almost different instruments. I play them both, but my whole approach to playing each is different.

The idea of either the electric or acoustic camp looking down their noses at the other seems absurd to me.

-Jonathan

http://www.e-misery.com

Quote from: jwhitcomb3 on March 03, 2006, 01:12:07 PM
To me acoustic and electric guitar are almost different instruments. I play them both, but my whole approach to playing each is different.

The idea of either the electric or acoustic camp looking down their noses at the other seems absurd to me.

-Jonathan

http://www.e-misery.com

Jonathan- not looking down my nose at anyone. I love to listen to many players that are electric based- such as Johnny A or the late Junior Kimbrough. A nice 'burst Strat is one the most beatiful things to me- as is a blonde Tele.

I just realized-after spending too much money and wasting too much time- that playing out of a speaker just was not for me.

What if you were stuck on a deserted island with a Larrivee L-03 and a sweet electric?  You would probably end up using the electric guitar as firewood.  If the lights go dim, the larrivee will win,when the power goes out, the electric guitar will no longer shout :SHK>

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

As long as you are making MUSIC, then you should use whatever floats your boat.

I wanna see some acoustic players tell Jimmy Hendrix that he isn't really playing a guitar.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

Quote from: Calvin on March 05, 2006, 03:15:26 AM
I wanna see some acoustic players tell Jimmy Hendrix that he isn't really playing a guitar.

That might be a little tough.... :GRN>

Quote from: oneeyedjack on March 03, 2006, 12:19:50 PM
Keith Richards has been quoted  as saying, "If you don't play acoustic, you don't play guitar" .

As he fires up his tele and starts me up! ;)
If you don't play both you're not as useful to a musical project as someone who does. I'll tell you that.

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 06, 2006, 08:46:36 AM
As he fires up his tele and starts me up! ;)
If you don't play both you're not as useful to a musical project as someone who does. I'll tell you that.

A lot of truth to this!
Ron

i kind of am in fact, i have a fender tele only to play quitely when my family says :"your guitar is too loud"I can play and no one gets bugged  by the electric.But i have to say it is a nice change once i  a while.But really i love the acoustic guitar way more.Dave

:rolleyes:
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

The example and paragon of the beauty of songs with BOTH acoustic and electric (omitting Led Zep for a moment) has got to be The Pentangle. When Jansch and Renbourn dub in a  mellow, fuzzed out electric over their fingerpicked textures, I am in heaven. LORD FRANKLIN being one example. Anthony Phillips was the first lead player in Genesis, back when they were emerging from  boy's schools. His solo album of virtually home-made compositions, PRIVATE PARTS AND PIECES, is unique. Get it and dig it. Lots of furious distorted Strat and luscious, chiming acoustic 12 and 6. Hey, the Byrds.

Surprising to me is the really crappy tone of the acoustic guitars n Jefferson Airplane's COMING BACK TO ME. A great song, great playing and the guitar sounds hollow and flat, like the strings are dead or someone stuffed paper towels down the sound hole!!

You may guess that I like both kilowatt and bare wood. That is correct! It's nice to be able to Cook with both gas and electricity.
The crisp and rich resonance of the wood and wire and the easy fluency of the amplified solid-body guitar are wonderful to choose from. Although I play acoustic moslty these days...and often plug in to an acoustic guitar amp for more sound.

Doug Jones
Larrivee (1996) LC-09
Martin (2007) D-28
Aria AD-80
Seagull S6/Cedar
Epiphone Masterbuilt 500N
Yamaha FG-512 12-string
Eko Ranger XII 12-string, EMG undersaddle p/u
Tacoma Thunderchief bass
Vantage VS-695B Electric Bass
Rickenbacker (1986) 330-12 Mapleglo  blk h'ware
Flea Ukulele
Lanakai Bari Uke

And here I thought I was the only one to know and enjoy The Pentangle.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks