Ishibashi

Started by unclrob, March 13, 2006, 04:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone know there web address I think I want to see if they have a rosewood Tele.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

rob, the least i could do:

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/
Paragon
Gibson
Webber

Thankyou berry much. :GRN>
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Ishibashi is a big shop/chain that has a few different shops in Tokyo (probably in other parts of the country as well).  They ususally have a good selection of brand name guitars with fairly competitive prices, but it is still cheaper for me to order from the states and have it shipped here if I am buying an off the wall guitar.

Good luck with your search.

John in Japan
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

John do you know if they still make an all Rosewood Tele.If I could find one in the US it would cost me around $2500.If I could find one in Japan for less including shipping I'd be happy.
I tried to download the site but its all in Japanesse.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

maybe Johnny be good for trade of some kind?
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

:GRN>
I check Ishibashi on regular basis. Rob, there's a english section. I'll send you the link as I'll get back home from work. Fender japan doesn't produce Rosewood Tele anymore since years. They had, don't know if still have, a Rosewood in production but it's fake. It's surely better than the joke Fender produces in Mexico and that was absolutely ridiculous. I'll tell you more this afternoon.
Fender Rosewood Telecaster, Fender '50 Classic Telecaster, late '800 italian classical, Larrivée L05

Rob,

Hopefully I will be going down to Tokyo this coming weekend, and if I do, I will pop in and have a poke about.  The area that it is located is kind of a mecca for guitar players / musicians as there are tons of shops all within a few blocks.  It'll give me an excuse to go down and play some guitars and nose about.

Is there anything I should be specifically looking for, or should I just ask them if they have any rosewoods tele's?

I'm kind of ignorant in regards to electric guitar prices, so what ballpark am I looking at?

John
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

John THANKS.Nothing special to look for.All Rosewood Tele,neck body,black pickguard.Thanks again.
lleo ,many thanks that would be cool.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Rob, this is the english site that's nothing else than the translated japanese one :GRN>
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ishibashi.co.jp%2F&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

The good thing is it seems they still produce the Rosewood.
Here it is: http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/fender-j/kanda/tlrose.htm

The bad thing is the guitar is not all rosewood, as I told you, but basswood body with two rosewood veneers glued on the body. About the neck, is made of maple, I guess is tinted in rosewood color.
The look is nice though, but the sound it's surely completely different. The Rose characteristic is the particular sound you have due the internal chambers. The goal of these chambers is to lighten the weight. The first Rose that Fender presented to Lennon and Harrison had a normal full body but weighted probably more than a Les Paul, so the two sent it back to the sender with their greetings :GRN>
After that Fender scooped the body and sent it again to Harrison. Everybody know how it went.
Careful because you won't find the Rose in the english section, this's probably made for the japanese market. There are other very nice Teles in the japanese section you can check from the Rose page.
Cheers.
Fender Rosewood Telecaster, Fender '50 Classic Telecaster, late '800 italian classical, Larrivée L05

right those new ones are veneered rosewood. Haven`t seen one live and doubt I will in this city but I have one of the older versions and it`s great. heavy though but real nice. I also have one of the all walnuts from the first run they made...they`ve been reissued recently.

Uncle Rob, with your guitar experience, I'd think you'd be able to make a rosewood one by now. :GRN>
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

I would but theres nothing like a Fender Japan. :GRN>