Derek Webb - House Show

Started by bbosenberg, February 24, 2006, 01:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone like this one?  It was done solo, in a small, intimate auditorium in mobile, AL.  Very raw.  He does an awesome version of Dylan's 'every grain of sand' on what sounds like a 12 string. 

Man, what an awesome CD. I love the live songs plus his words in between.

Derek Webb is my favorite Christian artist. I loved his first two studio CD's and I just got his newest one, Mockingbird. What a powerful songwriter, singer and musician. He breaks the conventional CCM mode - which to me is a breath of fresh air.

Let's hear from other fans of his music!

I haven't heard this CD yet, but Derek has always been one of my favorite Christian artists. I'll have to check this one out. He definitely breaks outside the box a bit with his music.
Taylor 714ce (Cedar top)
Taylor Koa T5 Custom
Larrivee D-03
Washburn Taurus T-25 Bass

Isaiah 38:20 The LORD will save me, and we will sing with stringed instruments all the days of our lives in the temple of the LORD.

I missed a concet of his recently.  I was bummed.  But some friends went and were blown away.  They said his wife played a larrivee 000 slotted headstock.  And that he performed ''the times they are a changing".  He must be a big dylan fan.  I like that he backs up what he says, and has guts to not be PC all the time.  Not warm and fuzzy, so to speak.  I haven't gotten to listen to 'mockingbird' yet but I hope to real soon. 

\brad