$192,100 but reserve not met.

Started by Sabatini, February 20, 2006, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The following guitar is up to $192,100 on e-bay, but hasn't met its reserve.
Jump right in!

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-Owner-1942-Vintage-Martin-D-45-Guitar_W0QQitemZ7390877541QQcategoryZ33028QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70

Yeah, that's just crazy...

And some guy offered him a Maybach!!

I also like the huge stain on the lower bout.  :EM>

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><

Look how straight grained the back is! 
05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab

Quote from: parsky1 on February 20, 2006, 02:39:00 PM
Look how straight grained the back is! 

Oh I know!  that's pretty nice.  But $192,100 nice? hardly... IMO.

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><

Anything that is made of wood and costs $192,000 should have at least 4 bedrooms.
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Quote from: Sabatini on February 20, 2006, 02:51:34 PM
Anything that is made of wood and costs $192,000 should have at least 4 bedrooms.

So true... :P
05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab

either way your taking out a mortgage, and at least a house is deductable!

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

QuoteI also like the huge stain on the lower bout.

Yeah, every time you played that guitar, you'd be reminded of some guy in Baker City sticking his wet armpit in that spot every day for 50 years.  No thanks.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Pure insanity.  I say buy a new D-45 and spend the rest on a house!
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

And for those hopefull soles who are constantly trying to convince us that THEIR indian rosewood guitar is really brazilian, and hence worth lots of extra money..

You'll note that one can tell the difference even with a very premium piece of quartersawn wood.  ^_^

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I would bid $192,000 on it but I'm afraid MY bid would be the one to reach the reserve price. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't think $192K is the reserve; it looks they're not listing the reserve to discourage...well, something or other.  Beats me.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Just ridiculous.  I dont get the point.  BTW it's alreay pass the 192K haha.  I guess you gotta have what you gotta have.  I think I'd save the money and buy myself 20 custom made guitars, each one will sound just as good if not better.  And each will be more unique than the next one.  But then again, what the heck would I do with 20 guitars.  :rolleyes:
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

I liked the fact that they're anticipating special fly-ins from bidders tomorrow to have a look.

I guess if I were going to spend over $200K for a guitar, a couple more thou for a last minute flight wouldn't be that big a deal.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

Just think, for 192K you could buy 19 new Olsons, Ryans, Petros, etc and still have enough left over for an 05 or 09 series Larrivee. Or I could forego the guitars and simply not work for 5 years!
Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.

The point you guys are missing is that in ten years this guitar will be worth far more than any new owner pays today.  Ten years ago you could have bought this guitar for less than $100K but people scoffed at the price then just like they are now.

E. Shoaf

just about two years ago Elderly's sold an OM-45 (similar year and condition) for 145,000 after being on the site for a while, so Ratishna is likely right.......one thing that gets me though, if you have plans of getting in excess of 200k for an instrument, couldn't you at least polish it up a little.....the pics of the endpin area don't look like it's very tidy :SHK>
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Fitness1,

Haven't you owned this guitar at least once already? -_- ^_^
Rob Hanesworth

you'd have to remove a couple of zeros first...... :GRN>
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"