Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Online ordering experience?  (Read 1342 times)
Spotted Leopard

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2005, 05:22:15 PM »

Hi,

Have been looking for a particular Seagull model and found it at the very lowest price at 8th St Music in Philadelphia. Anyone have experience doing online ordering from this company?

Many thanks, SL
WVUBAMA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 05:54:42 PM »

Hi,

Have been looking for a particular Seagull model and found it at the very lowest price at 8th St Music in Philadelphia. Anyone have experience doing online ordering from this company?

Many thanks, SL

I bought my Tech21 Trademark 10 from 8th Street, excellent experience, very good customer service. Just make certain you speak to a human there to confirm that they actually have it to ship as they are frequently out of stock and inventory status does not show on their site like on Musician's Friend. They have been flexible on price, so try to negotiate with them.

With regard to Seagulls, Dave's Guitars is a top-notch independent shop in Wisconsin having a close out on their Seagulls. I suggest you check their acoustic inventory: http://www.davesguitar.com/
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 10:44:28 PM »

I was at a house concert last night, and one of two folk musicians had a Seagull dreadnaught with maple b/s. The unusual thing about it was the 3 piece back. The center was flamed maple, the rest was quilted. It made for a visually striking guitar. good sounding too! 

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
mazareth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 12:22:04 PM »

I've been to Dave's shop in Wausau several times. My playing partner bought a guitar from them last summer and had a very good experience--good service after the sale. Their acoustics are in a separate climate controlled room away from the electrics. Their acoustics are very well cared for. Not a lot of shop wear on the inventory that I've played.

If you're ever in the area, Dave's has one of the best stocks of Martins and Taylors I've seen. RE the Seagulls, I was pleasantly suprised at how well they compare to some of the more expensive guitars out there!

Mark

Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.
WVUBAMA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 02:46:35 AM »

I've been to Dave's shop in Wausau several times... Dave's has one of the best stocks of Martins and Taylors I've seen.k

Dave just formally announced on his site that he has taken on the Larrivee, Guild, and Tacoma lines. Got a lot of Larrivees and Guilds in stock....win-win for everyone!
mazareth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »

Hi 'BAMA,

I heard recently that the Wausau store is no longer owned by Dave's. The Lacrosse store has an awesome vintage room with a wall of old Martin hog tops in various body styles. I didn't play any, but I bet they sound great...

Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 03:22:39 PM »

I've never heard of Dave's before...he has a Gibson Acapulco, which is a new model to me...that looks like a nice instrument. Has anyone tried one before?

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
Calvin
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 09:10:44 AM »

I think as long as you buy from reputable dealer (or members for that matter)  you can't really go wrong.

Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon
WVUBAMA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »

Hi 'BAMA,

I heard recently that the Wausau store is no longer owned by Dave's. The Lacrosse store has an awesome vintage room with a wall of old Martin hog tops in various body styles. I didn't play any, but I bet they sound great...

You are right, just checked the website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: