Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Subway Guitars  (Read 1063 times)
laughingskunk

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2006, 06:32:58 PM »

Anyone here from the San Francisco/Berkely area and/ or familiar with them. I recently purchased an old Harmony 162 from ebay , but it ended up needing some work done(neck reset,etc) Decided to send it to Subway to use as as part of a trade for one of there guitars. Talked to Fatdog(the owner) and appears they have some guitars that might work for me. Am going to get an all mahogany OM/OOO style Harmony. According to there website and Fatdog they do neck resets there on their guitars anfd fix them up nice. They also give you time(2 weeks to test them out to see if you like or return). They look to be a great place for those interested in cheap ole/ vintage Harmony's, Kays, Stella's, etc. I know I sound like an ad, but am so excited to see whats gonna turn up for me.  Patrick

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:52:26 PM »

I bought a well used and reworked Larrivee electric guitar from him. I would believe that with his interest in old guitars, that he has a luthier who can repair/work on them as well.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Tycho
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 03:47:53 AM »

I was just talking about that place in the "pointy Larrivee" thread.  Randy, you must have bought the one that used to be up on his site (but isn't any more).

His website is a blast.

D-03RE
D-03-12

...and several other guitars.
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:13:41 AM »

I was just talking about that place in the "pointy Larrivee" thread.  Randy, you must have bought the one that used to be up on his site (but isn't any more).

His website is a blast.

yep. Apparently he had several of them that he bought as a lot from someplace. I got the last one, and it needed some fixem up and Fatdog had his guy do the work before sending it to me.  it is what it is... Next time I'm in the Bay area I'll probably wander by his place and go thru his old guitars.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 04:29:00 AM »

Fatdog has a long history with old guitars and is really knowledgable in addition to being enthusiastic.  Clearly, he doesn't take it all too seriously.

E. Shoaf
Tycho
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 04:33:30 AM »

His piece about Danelectros has to be read to be believed, especially his tirade at the end about vintage-mania:

http://www.fatdawg.com/danelectro.html

D-03RE
D-03-12

...and several other guitars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: