"00" Body Size

Started by Rescon, February 19, 2006, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did Larrivee stop making this body size? If so, when? AND, most of all, what are they like? I got a Parlor that I just can't seem to like and I think a 00 may just be the answer. Unfortunately I moved a little to late on one recently in Classifieds, great $$, I'm such an idiot...
If anyone whats to sell, PLEASE PM me.
Nick
LV-09 CE
Washburn - Dread
Brazilian Parlor

I just picked one up on 2/6. A little larger than the parlor. I'm really enjoying it. I've only had dreads before this. The small body size is so comfortable and fun playing seated. Not use to that from the dread background. Much more sound than I expected too. There are pics in the photo section. Thread titled Identy Crisis.

Parlor too small?
Jack

Larrivee 0019 1992
Martin    D41  2005
Bunch of other stuff

check- guitar adoptions website... for reference.

:mellow: J.
OM-18V

I sent you an email about one at Wildwood in Coshocton Ohio..
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

I stumbled upon my used 00 at Guitar Center in Indianapolis where they had it mislabeled as a parlor.  It is a wonderful guitar with great tone.  Much more sound than you would expect for its size.
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70

Quote from: Sabatini on February 19, 2006, 09:12:58 PM
I stumbled upon my used 00 at Guitar Center in Indianapolis where they had it mislabeled as a parlor.  It is a wonderful guitar with great tone.  Much more sound than you would expect for its size.
I guess it's because they're so small, I stumbled across mine In a local shop In Greenville NC. Was looking for a square neck, but when I saw this little used larri hanging there I had to play it. That was it, had to have it. Lucky for me everyone around here only thinks Martin. I just got one of those (D41) last June and wanted something to kick back with. Sound on this little baby blew me away. Great shape for a 1992.
Jack

Larrivee 0019 1992
Martin    D41  2005
Bunch of other stuff

00 is a good way to go. Lot's of old classics (classics, not classicals - although those do also!) come in at about that size. If you can get one, do it.

I picked up a 00-09 with flamed maple back and sides (new) from Notable a few months ago and I love it.  I also had (have) a parlor, but I was never blown away with it.

The 00 was exactly what I was looking for.  I haven't taken the parlor out of the case since the 00 came.

That's a shame if they stopped the 00. Nice sized guitar. I've never come across one in the UK - was it a 12 or 14 fretter?

Mike
Larrivee parlour (Sitka/Mahog)
Dave King Parlor (Alpine/Braz)
Lowden S25 (Cedar/EIR)
Pono Ukulele (all Koa)

Quote from: UK Mike on February 20, 2006, 01:24:27 PM
That's a shame if they stopped the 00. Nice sized guitar. I've never come across one in the UK - was it a 12 or 14 fretter?

Mike
Mine is a 12 fret.
Jack

Larrivee 0019 1992
Martin    D41  2005
Bunch of other stuff

They stopped making them for a while but are making them again.  Now with more traditional appointments and at a higher price.  See guitar adoptions for a bunch of new ones.

-josh
Larrivee P-03MT
Martin 00
Epiphone Bluesmaster

Hi

The Podium in Minneapolis lists a 00-50 on the website 'thepodium.com" Pretty good price.

Good luck. Reading all this stuff gets me interested in checking out OM's and OO's... uh oh.

Schnitz

Quote from: schnitz on February 20, 2006, 09:23:42 PM
Hi

The Podium in Minneapolis lists a 00-50 on the website 'thepodium.com" Pretty good price.

Good luck. Reading all this stuff gets me interested in checking out OM's and OO's... uh oh.

Schnitz

OO's are nice. much fuller sound than a parlor and the same scale length as the larger guitars.

:WNK>
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I got to play one a few times and I am still kicking myself for not buying it. It really was a great sounding, comfortable playing little guitar that didnt sound like it was little.....one of the ones that got away. :<>

Bill D.
Larrivee D-03RE
Yamaha DWX 7C
Fender TC-90" tele"
Fender "strat"
Ibanez AR200
Ibanez Iceman
Digitech RP 300
Fender Cyber deluxe amp

There's one on sale at the 12th Fret.  According to the description, it appears to be on sale for a very limited time.  Might be worth checking out. (It's a looker for sure)

http://www.12fret.com/sale/larrivee_00-50_pg.html

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><

Quote from: joopie on February 19, 2006, 08:29:42 PM
check- guitar adoptions website... for reference.

:mellow: J.

I saw an 00-09FM at Dave's site.  I wonder if they'll be making any 00-10FM.  Wouldn't it be nice, esp. if they did the headstock veneer in FM also, and wood fretboard binding too.  Oh well, might as well dream.

Quote from: dark paniel on February 22, 2006, 12:13:06 AM
There's one on sale at the 12th Fret.  According to the description, it appears to be on sale for a very limited time.  Might be worth checking out. (It's a looker for sure)

http://www.12fret.com/sale/larrivee_00-50_pg.html

-dan

Oh my!!!!  That looks oh so sweet!!!

I would love to have some extra $ for that!

Has anyone made a comparison between the "00" and the "000"s ?

I am seriously thinking about ordering a OO-50 or a OOO-50. I don't know which one of them though, since I won't have the chance to try them before ordering.

I love the mahogany Parlor, but at the same time I want a guitar that I can use in different settings, as it will be my main steel string guitar. I would like guitar with a bit more bass and volume than the Parlor, but with the same kind of tone. Any thougts?

I love the 00 size - but I can't see it as a "main" steel string - generally speaking. The 000 size will have a little more "oomph".

I just bought a OO-50 today, and it's pretty sweet.  I'm not sure how it survived this long, still new.  According to the "serial number search service" on Larrivee's site, it was started in November '04.

I seriously compared the OOO and OO, but decided the OO was more of a "couch" guitar, which is one of the qualities I was looking for.  :winkin:

David