The best for me :
Beneteau !!
www.beneteauguitars.com

Saint-Brieuc (France)
Larrivée OM-09 LH  /   Avalon L25 LH  / Seagull S6 LH  / Mandolin Paul Doyle

* edit : oups, sorry...
Saint-Brieuc (France)
Larrivée OM-09 LH  /   Avalon L25 LH  / Seagull S6 LH  / Mandolin Paul Doyle

Hmm... I've owned a Beneteau, a Webber, a Northwood, a Thompson, several Paragons, a few Sigurdsons, a Seagull, a Simon & Patrick, a Godin electric, more Larrivees than I can remember, and I married a Canadian. I think they owe me honorary citizenship!!  :GRN>

Quote from: JasonA on March 01, 2006, 08:37:05 AM
Hmm... I've owned a Beneteau, a Webber, a Northwood, a Thompson, several Paragons, a few Sigurdsons, a Seagull, a Simon & Patrick, a Godin electric, more Larrivees than I can remember, and I married a Canadian. I think they owe me honorary citizenship!!  :GRN>

OK but you've got to start using "Eh" more in you daily conversations, eat more maple syrup and talk of nothing but hockey wtih friends and coworkers, OK, eh? 

I was born in the U.S. and I gotta say I like Canadian guitars much better than American.To me the Canadian guitars sound better, play better,look good,high quality craftsmanship  and cost less Just my .02cents

2006 Taylor 814-ce

is that your new signature LP ^_^

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Here's someone who builds fantastic guitars..i have one of his 97 classicals, he also builds steel strings.
Name is Jay Duncan at

http://www.duncanguitars.com

He has a project going in Africa to start up a guitar making school in Africa, to teach communities how to support themselves, with guitars being sold in the West. It's for a great cause.
Check his project site out at

http://www.duncanafrica.com

peace

Here's another one..i tried the RL guitar..it was simply superb souding and feel...

http://www.laughlinguitars.ca/

peace

Another one for the list.  Met Dave Reimer last week in Vancouver.  He is a musician (used to play with Barney Bentall) and he hand makes acoustic instruments (and some electric basses) as well.  He has a unique, somewhat asymetrical, design to his guitars.  He makes about 4 or 5 guitars per year.  Played a couple last night.  One, which he has just assembled, but not yet finished had EIR back/sides and a bearclawed Engleman top.  Sounded lovely and shimmery.  Website here:

http://www.reimerguitars.com/index.html

Cheers,
B.
============================
1998 Larrivee D-10 (Brazilian RW/Sitka)
1999 Froggy Bottom F Deluxe (Koa/Adirondack)
2003 Martin D-17 (All Mahogany)
1996 Fender USA Strat Plus
1967 Hofner President
2001 Dean USA Time Capsule V #17/50 (Cherry Sunburst)
1978 Music Man 112-65
Mesa 50 50
Rivera 212

Adding another:

Tinker Guitars

I played two dreadnaughts by Tinker (both Sitka/EIR) last night.  Beautifully constructed, as far as I can tell.  Lovely Koa bindings.  Very, very responsive guitars.  If I had to guess, I'd say lightly braced - does not sound overbuilt in the least.  Local Vancouver music store (NJAM) had them for about $1500 and $1350 (for one with slight cosmetic flaws).  I was impressed.

Cheers,
B.
============================
1998 Larrivee D-10 (Brazilian RW/Sitka)
1999 Froggy Bottom F Deluxe (Koa/Adirondack)
2003 Martin D-17 (All Mahogany)
1996 Fender USA Strat Plus
1967 Hofner President
2001 Dean USA Time Capsule V #17/50 (Cherry Sunburst)
1978 Music Man 112-65
Mesa 50 50
Rivera 212

Alastair Miller.   -_-

www.amillerguitars.com

Phenomenal tone, sustain, projection, finish, and the most comfortable fretboard/neck I've ever played.
(and that includes, in no particular order, Manzer, Wren, Laskin, Beneteau, Beardsell, deJonge, Wingert,
Heiden, Alberico -- and that Larrivee fella, too.  All builders whose instruments I'd also be overjoyed to own.)

- Richard
oldWithoutMoney.com

Larrivee L-09 (w/ non-cutout iMix)
Larrivee 00-19
Larrivee OM-0312R

plus a few other treasures