SOLD Alvarez MC90 Classical

Started by Sabatini, August 26, 2005, 08:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

How about $400.  Anyone tempted?

The following post seems to have gotten lost from the system, so I am reposting.  As a reward for reading it a second time I am lowering the price $25 to $425. :GRN>

Dear friends,

I grew up in the folk era and always thought I wanted to play a nylon string guitar.  I owned several cheap ones over the years, but never really got serious about learning to play.  Finally, last year, I decided to invest is a better guitar and ordered an Alvarez MC90 through my local guitar store.  Unfortunately, Alvarez was slow in filling the order.  In the meantime, I acquired a small-bodied Larrivee steel string guitar and fell in love with it.  By the time I finally got the Alvarez (after 8 months), I didn't really want it.

The MC90 is a beautiful guitar:  solid cedar top, solid Indian rosewood back and sides with rosewood binding.  It is in perfect condition, having been played only a little because the classical neck width now seems foreign to my fingers.

The case is an arched-top hardshell case without a mark on it.

I've been looking on the internet, and the best price I found for these was $580 (list is $899).

I will sell the guitar and case for $425 + $25 for shipping.  As I said, it is in perfect/new condition, but the factory warranty would not apply.

Is anyone interested?

Rob
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70


Bump
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70



Gregg,

Photos on the way to your e-mail.

Rob
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70




Free bump for Sabatini:

If anyone out there is interested in a good deal on a classical guitar you should check this out. I played an MC90 in a local shop last year. The MC90 was so sweet I bought it on the spot for about 625. These instruments have marvelous overtones and good sustain. It compared favorably to a Ramirez costing 3X as much.

I have no affiliation with Sabatini; in fact I have no affiliation with any forum members since this is my first post! I've been a lurking member for more than a year and have benefitted from the many helpful comments. I'm just trying to pay it back.

Grayraven


Still for sale.
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70


Can I get some pics please ?

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

Thanks for your interest.  Pics on the way.

Rob
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70


Email sent

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

Sold! to "Looking for Larri" who apparently still can't find Larri, or confuses him with Al (varez).  Thanks, Ken, hope you enjoy it.

Rob
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70


Just got the Alvarez today and just wanted to thank Rob for a great guitar.    :GRN> I played a clasical Taylor today and must say this guitar is pretty close to that one at about 1/10 the price.


Thanks,
Rob

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

Powered by EzPortal