***SOLD***Guild 12-string dread ***SOLD***

Started by MH3, August 26, 2005, 05:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

For sale is a Guild D4-12 NT 12-string dread.

This guitar was made in Guild's Westerly, RI facility in 1994, before Fender purchased Guild.  It has mahogany b&s and a beautiful bearclaw spruce top aged to a warm golden honey color.  This guitar has the distinctive Guild arched back, large tortoise pickguard, and dual truss rods.  The original hardshell case is included.

The tone of this guitar is majestic and LOUD.  It transforms simple single note runs and riffs like the one from Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" into something special.  The action is a tad high at the moment, but could be adjusted to suit - I just haven't been playing it enough to bother taking to the shop to get it done.

There are a few minor dings from 11 years of use, but nothing major.  The body finish is satin, buffed to a light gloss in a few places where my arm usually touches the body.  Here are some photos:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mh3/a6545955.jpg


http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mh3/78fcd42d.jpg


http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mh3/987dd8e8.jpg

This is a great solid wood, American-made guitar that I'd really like to keep, but I just don't play it much as my taste has changed. 

When I posted this before, I had it priced at $575 + shipping, but I will take $525 + shipping from a forum member.  I will also consider a trade for an interesting non-dread 6-string.  PM through the forum or e-mail if interested.  I may go to eBay pretty soon.



Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

Here are some better pics taken in natural light:

Full frontal view:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mh3/32f5e160.jpg

Bearclaw top:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mh3/48d56c3f.jpg

Back of headstock, with Grovers and light nick:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mh3/04a58692.jpg

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway


Someone should snatch this guitar up!!!

I found one of these (same year too) living a
slow death in a pawn shop a few years ago.
Needless to say, it is now in a much better place.

These guitars sound great, and with a proper set-up
play extremely easy.  They are also pretty heavy.
Not a bad thing, just takes a little getting used to.

If someone was looking for a 12 to add to their stable
the D412 NT would be a great choice!!


Mike

QuoteIf someone was looking for a 12 to add to their stable
the D412 NT would be a great choice!!
That's right, and someone could get a bargain with no reserve.

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

Still available, didn't sell on eBay.

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

BUMP - maybe I should just trade it in??

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

MAN, that's a nice 12string.  I hate to see that you're having such trouble getting rid of it.  I can't think of anything i have to trade, but sure would like to have it.  Best of luck selling it.

You might also try the acoustic guitar forum.
Andy #2
Nashville, TN Y'All !!

2004 Larrivee OM-09

yeah nice one, like mine old D4 6 strings but the guitar weight like a ton I am sure bout tis. hhahaha all the best.
Larrivee C-03RE 97' (fishman stereo blender)
Trace acoustic amp TA50R
Fishman Pro-EQ Platinum
Samson airline UHF guitar wireless system
Max Lucado Devotional Bible

Quote from: Andy on September 06, 2005, 04:07:13 PM
MAN, that's a nice 12string.  I hate to see that you're having such trouble getting rid of it.  I can't think of anything i have to trade, but sure would like to have it.  Best of luck selling it.

You might also try the acoustic guitar forum.
Andy, thanks.  At this point I'd consider any offer (and maybe even accept the right one) if you really like it.  I may buy one of a couple of guitars I'm watching on eBay, but it would help me keep peace in my home if I even had a good prospect on selling the Guild!  :WNK>

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

I'm looking for a twelve string.  I have an Alvarez F-5 mandolin or a Seagull satin finish Spruce top and mahogany sides.  If you might be interested in trading.  I also have a solid mahogany F-5 mandolin, a Bean Blossom model 300 if interested.

Quote from: mrkrgr on September 19, 2005, 03:29:18 PM
I'm looking for a twelve string.  I have an Alvarez F-5 mandolin or a Seagull satin finish Spruce top and mahogany sides.  If you might be interested in trading.  I also have a solid mahogany F-5 mandolin, a Bean Blossom model 300 if interested.
The mandos are intriguing, but I'm really wanting to use the proceeds from selling this guitar to treat my GAS for a non-dreadnaught Larrivee to go with my D-03R.  Would you be interested in buying the Guild?

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

I've still got it, make me an offer if interested!

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway


SOLD - finally!  I'm glad it's going to a forum member.

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

Glad to see it finally went!

Mark
Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.

Way to go MH3. We were pulling for you!
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Congrat's to you and the buyer!

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

Powered by EzPortal