Larrivee problem need advice

Started by DaveyO, October 05, 2026, 07:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bought a D02 off eBay recently seller said it was great cond
I got the guitar and it was beautiful but I noticed a slight split on the top above the sound hole
I told the seller I wanted a refund he offered to refund me back a little money and pay for a
Luthier to fix the problem but I told him I wanted a  guitar in one piece
I take very good care of my guitars and he seems to think that the split may have been my fault.
I say he simply didn't notice the split
He's waiting to see what eBay has to say about it.
My question is this: what would you suggest I do and does anyone know what a repair should cost

 The seller should be fully aware that the guitar can be sent back at HIS expense and he will eat shipping BOTH ways, AND be stuck with a cracked guitar. It's a very expensive proposition for him to offer you a little repair money because all you need to do is file a return through ebay to get all your money back. If the seller doesn't offer enough to make you happy to keep it, file a return with "damaged" in the complaint. Or, if they described it in good condition, you can check "not as described" which is even better for getting a refund. Show pics. Ask for a full refund. Seller will have to pay for the shipping label.

 If you can get a good partial refund, I'd encourage you to keep it as you may get a potentially great guitar for very little money.

 Do not let this linger because ebay return windows are shorter than they once were and sellers try to string things along.

 

DaveyO, get in touch with eBay ASAP, return it.

There's lots of guitars out there that don't have problems.

I'd return it just because of the sellers attitude. (that's just me)
Herman
L-10, L-03 Custom shop Flamed Maple, OM-05, Forum VI, Forum VII.
And *others*

eBay will absolutely refund all your money and take good care of you.  As a longtime eBay seller, I can tell you from (sometimes bitter) experience that eBay is all about the buyer, seller be damned.  I even had to refund a guy once who admitted the item I sold him arrived, but was stolen from his mailbox by a neighbor.  I've seen some really goofy stuff. 

Having said that, this is a bad way to start out life with a new guitar.  It might always feel like a pair of shoes that don't fit or a trip to the in-laws.  I'd send it back.

Well you all were right
I got a label yesterday and I sent it back
It's a shame ,the guitar sounded fantastic

"I got the guitar and it was beautiful but I noticed a slight split on the top above the sound hole"

I'm still curious about where the split was? "Above the sound hole" reads to me to being nearest the edge of the fretboard (12 o'clock?) or "above" being on the left side of the sound hole closest to your chest? (9 o'clock?). Could you see the split from inside the guitar?
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Glad it worked out for you.  who knows what happened but eBay is your best friend in situations like that.

John

Powered by EzPortal