Larrivee OM-03 all Mahogany- 14- fret

Started by Gill, Today at 10:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Long shot here folks, I used to own the 12- fret version of this guitar, recently, a 14- fret version has come up for sale,but it's a little too far for me to travel and play before buying, has anyone on here had any experience playing this particular model? the 12- fret version I had was pretty punchy,and loud, I'm wondering if this 14- fretter would be much different,and in what way, the guitar in question is a 2015, not a case queen, but has been looked after well,I'd appreciate your informed opinions..

I'm interested to hear any responses to this question. While I probably won't buy any more instruments, if I did it would be an all-hog guitar. I've never received a response on this site as to whether the scalloped or non-scalloped bracing is better for a mahogany top. The other day I was watching an Alamo Music video of mahogany instruments. Their favorite was a Honduran mahogany guitar. I also thought it sounded the best and made wonder if Honduran mahogany produces a better instrument or is it the interesting bridge that gave it its edge. The Yairi has a 25" scale, the Taylor a 24 &7/8" scale, and the Martin a 25.5" scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZa4mSHuUfE

Powered by EzPortal