Just Curious

Started by William2, September 28, 2026, 08:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Are BOWIE and BlueBowman one and the same person? Is this a Batman and Bruce Wayne thing? They both have extensive knowledge of many instruments played and owned, but you never see them both together at the same time LOL.  There are a lot of common letters in both their names LOL.

Lmao - never thought about it but... could be!

Haha! I might be Robin to Bowie's Batman, as I believe I've learned more from him than he's learned from me!

Quote from: BlueBowman on September 29, 2026, 08:48:32 AMHaha! I might be Robin to Bowie's Batman, as I believe I've learned more from him than he's learned from me!

Holy Fender bender Robin. Thanks for straightening this out.

Quote from: BlueBowman on September 29, 2026, 08:48:32 AMHaha! I might be Robin to Bowie's Batman, as I believe I've learned more from him than he's learned from me!
I wouldn't agree. How about I'll be Michael Keaton Batman and you pick your favorite Batman.  :bgrin:
I learn from everyone here. Technical information is grand but perspectives are the most enriching way to learn, IMO. And, I love hearing the perspectives from you and everyone here. Especially the ones that differ from mine and help me understand why and how people people feel the way they do. Because, in music, the right answers are all based in feeling.

Quote from: B0WIE on October 02, 2026, 07:20:59 AMI wouldn't agree. How about I'll be Michael Keaton Batman and you pick your favorite Batman.  :bgrin:

Man, the best is taken...so that leaves Affleck? Clooney?! I'll stick with Robin.  :winkin:

Quote from: B0WIE on October 02, 2026, 07:20:59 AMI learn from everyone here. Technical information is grand but perspectives are the most enriching way to learn, IMO. And, I love hearing the perspectives from you and everyone here. Especially the ones that differ from mine and help me understand why and how people people feel the way they do. Because, in music, the right answers are all based in feeling.

Well said.

So... are BOWIE and BlueBowman the same person or not? 
 :wave


I've probably learned as much from these two guys as anyone here. OTOH, Astute followers/afficionados of Batman would more likely compare Bowie and Blue Bowman to Batman and Alfred, Bruce Wayne's confidant and surrogate father figure. Not only did Alfred know Batman's true identity, he also had access to all the secrets and technology in the Batcave hidden beneath stately Wayne Manor and he had a spare set of keys for the Batmobile.

P.S. I agree that Michael Keaton, who got his start working on Mister Rogers in Pittsburgh, was the best Batman. He also held his own against the Joker (Jack Nicholson). 

 Another shining example of the excellence of this community are the Keaton/Batman enjoyers. I'm definitely not a comic-movie guy, but I think the more time passes, the more people are realizing the timeless, quirky brilliance of that film. Especially as the Marvel fatigue becomes real.

 Fun fact; Michael Keaton says one of the first times he saw Jack Nicholson on the set, Michael was working out to get muscular for the role. Jack asked him, "Why would you do that?"
And, if you meditate on those words for a second, the genius comes out.

Quote from: B0WIE on Today at 07:39:11 AMFun fact; Michael Keaton says one of the first times he saw Jack Nicholson on the set, Michael was working out to get muscular for the role. Jack asked him, "Why would you do that?"
And, if you meditate on those words for a second, the genius comes out.

Is there a cooler movie star than Jack Nicholson? One of the most charismatic actors of all time.

Powered by EzPortal