14-fret Pete Anderson

Started by noyage, September 10, 2026, 12:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Quote from: noyage on September 10, 2026, 12:40:03 AMI wonder if there's bridge pin holes under the sticker...
Maybe you should send an inquiry to John Jr and ask....
Maybe send an inquiry to the seller and get the serial number. It will have one....
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 Forum VI, 000-01

Depends on what stage the builder discovered their mistake. They probably realized when they went to ream the first hole (which you do after the bridge is installed) and didn't hit the bridge plate. If they didn't and just kept going then yikes. I would assume the reason for such a large sticker is to hide a lack of finish where the bridge sat.

That sticker looks like a discount MC Escher drawing. That's a hard pass from me!
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee Forum VII

Quote from: B0WIE on September 10, 2026, 02:04:11 AMDepends on what stage the builder discovered their mistake. They probably realized when they went to ream the first hole (which you do after the bridge is installed) and didn't hit the bridge plate. If they didn't and just kept going then yikes. I would assume the reason for such a large sticker is to hide a lack of finish where the bridge sat.

Seller said no holes under the sticker. These are rare birds but I do prefer the 12-fret versions...

some jerk stuck a sticker on the top. :yak:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
#19
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

That sticker doesn't do it for me either.

As a reminder, the used D-18 that Elvis bought in the early 1950s later sold at auction for $180,000. He had affixed metal letters on the top spelling out his name ELVIS but somewhere along the way, the S fell off and it was then referred to as the ELVI guitar. I wonder what Colonel Parker had to say about that.

I never understand why people don't peel off stickers and remove other goofy things from guitars before putting them up for sale? The chances anyone wants your sticker are pretty slim.  I say that, but I did sell a Jackson electric guitar once that I had placed a Def Leppard sticker on the back. When the buyer saw it he said, "Oh, cool!"  So what do I know?!
 :wave

I think that sticker is covering the unfinished bare patch of spruce where the original bridge was measured for. Either that, or someone drew a dirty picture.  :humour:
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee Forum VII

The reverb seller gave me the SN 40725.
John Jr. only found three LV-03 maple guitars in that zone.
SN 40724 and 40723 are the two others, all dated May 30, 2000.
John remembers... "The bridge gluer was used to the Pete's being 12 fretters and used the 12 fret template for the bridge". John didn't say if all 3 guitars were affected, and didn't say anything else really.

The original Pete Anderson was an OM-03 maple/burst, the 1999/2000 price lists had it at 1949.00 MSRP. If the LV-03 Pete Anderson had been offered, the price might have been around 2349.00 MSRP for the cutaway and pickup.
Mike

EDIT - 9-17-2026 John confirmed that the bridge error happened only on LV-03 SN 40725 as shown in the reverb ad.
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 Forum VI, 000-01

I had to look up Pete Anderson since I wasn't familiar with his music. All I could find was a Pete Anderson who plays a telecaster. Is he the same guy?
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee Forum VII

Quote from: StringPicker6 on September 12, 2026, 01:12:18 PMI had to look up Pete Anderson since I wasn't familiar with his music. All I could find was a Pete Anderson who plays a telecaster. Is he the same guy?
Same dude.  Has his own Reverend sig. model too (a very cool guitar).  He's been playing with Dwight Yoakam for a long time.  Nashville string wizard type.  He was big in the Larrivee world circa mid to late 90s/early 2000s. 

Seems like someone could have refinished the spot early on to make it blend in a bit instead of a sticker  :humour:

Quote from: nobodeuno on Today at 11:12:51 AMSeems like someone could have refinished the spot early on to make it blend in a bit instead of a sticker  :humour:
I had told the seller we were making fun of the sticker and he said maybe he would remove it and post pics.
That is not just a refinish, I think it would require a bit of surgery as the area in question is routed. Plus, notice the damaged area is smaller than the installed bridge.
Also, when we were originally talking about this guitar in the group, I recall he had it priced at 1950.00, so the current price of 1350.00 is a big drop. Seller insisted he would let the market determine the price.
I just add this info as trivia.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 Forum VI, 000-01

Quote from: mike in lytle on Today at 02:37:50 PMI had told the seller we were making fun of the sticker and he said maybe he would remove it and post pics.
That is not just a refinish, I think it would require a bit of surgery as the area in question is routed. Plus, notice the damaged area is smaller than the installed bridge.
Also, when we were originally talking about this guitar in the group, I recall he had it priced at 1950.00, so the current price of 1350.00 is a big drop. Seller insisted he would let the market determine the price.
I just add this info as trivia.
Mike
Yep I'm sure its definitely a pro job, wood slurry and finishing, but it will never disappear :ohmy: 

Powered by EzPortal