Larrivee D-40 12-Fret Special

Started by Chasjax, May 08, 2026, 04:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Well, I'm surprised no one has picked this one up, so I'm lowering the price to $1,200 which should get your attention.

I forgot to mention that this is a fairly light build for a dread - 3 lb. 8 oz.  The soundboard and back are very responsive to tone tapping. By comparison my 000-60 is 3 lb. 4 oz. and my 00-03 WL is 3 lb. 10 oz.

Chas


Here is one you don't see too often - 2023 12-fret Dreadnaught Special.

Absolutely MINT, as new condition.  No strap button or pickup has been installed. Big dreadnaught sound with the extra oomph of the 12-fret bridge location.

Larrivee's specs state the nut is 1-11/16" but it actually measures 1-12/16". String spacing at the nut is 1-15/32"  and 1-13/16"at the 12th fret.  The "Vine Special" model features the vine headstock and open back tuners. I'm sure you are familiar with all of the Larrivee spec's so I won't try to list them here. Please contact me with questions or more photos.

Asking $1,400 $1,200 plus shipping.

Chasjax

Hello, Is your D-40 12 fret still for sale?  Thanks for your time

Hello Yes, it still available.  Let me know if you'd like to discuss it or for more pics.

Charlie
904-424-1734

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for responding.  Just curious why you are getting rid of it?  I am very interested because I have a left wrist injury that I believe the 12 fret neck will help with.

Thank you, Scott  330-212-9299

Lovely headstock bling! One of my favorites. I'm not into D bodies but nonetheless I had to look up the SD model and see if they were the same as your D. Nope.

D-body
· Lower Bout: 16"
· Upper Bout: 11.875"
· Waist: 10.875"
· Depth: 5" (old list says 4.5")
· Scale Length: 25.5"
· Nut Width: 1 & 11/16" (43mm or 1.6875")
· Fretboard Radius: Compound (17" to 21")
. Length 19.75"

SD-body
· Lower Bout: 15"
· Upper Bout: 11.25"
· Waist: 10.5"
· Depth: 4.875"
· Scale Length: 25.5"
· Nut Width: 1 & 7/8"
· Fretboard Radius: Compound (15" to 21")
. Overall Length "40.5"

My old .pdf didn't show a listing for the length of the SD body. I'm guessing 2" longer than the D?
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Powered by EzPortal