Larrivee "Fastneck" Details and Feel

Started by nctom, July 15, 2024, 06:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking at a used L03 with a Fastneck design that I am unfamiliar with and cannot play before buying. How does the "Fastneck" carve differ from the standard older style necks in playability and feel? I haven't bought a Larrivee in 15-20 years, but I'm feeling the urge. Thanks for your help.

Quote from: nctom on July 15, 2024, 06:19:16 PMI am looking at a used L03 with a Fastneck design that I am unfamiliar with and cannot play before buying. How does the "Fastneck" carve differ from the standard older style necks in playability and feel? I haven't bought a Larrivee in 15-20 years, but I'm feeling the urge. Thanks for your help.
Don't know about "older necks", but the fast neck is nearly the same as a D-model neck. 1-11/16, maybe a hair taken off the back the the neck in addition. I have played one at Guitar Tex, it is like putting a D model neck on any of their 1-3/4" nut guitars. I like the 1-11/16 necks, but I'm not going to buy a fast neck for that reason. My Larrivees have 1-3/4" necks.
A used L-03 fast neck will be a very recent guitar. I am pretty sure you would like it.
(edited to fix an error)
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Thanks for the answers, guys. I don't think that neck is the one for me;I should be looking for a "Slowneck" model.