NGD - OM-03BW

Started by North60, March 23, 2024, 04:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,

Just acquired a 2003 OM-03BW guitar with factory case and original warranty card, Guitar has been stored in proper temp/humidity and is in pristine condition. 

Looking forward to learning the guitar.

Any Wisc members here on the forum?

Cheers :)
Larrivee '02 OM-03BW

Congrats! Post some pics if you can.
I'm not familiar with Wisc.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Here is a quick pic.
Larrivee '02 OM-03BW

Gorgeous guitar! Congrats. Hard to believe it's 21 years old!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Quote from: North60 on March 23, 2024, 04:49:51 PMHi,

Just acquired a 2003 OM-03BW guitar with factory case and original warranty card, Guitar has been stored in proper temp/humidity and is in pristine condition.
We are assuming you have looked up the serial number on the Larrivee website and know for a fact the guitar is a 2003, and forgive me... I am not positive what the "BW" means. Blackwood?
And how do you know the guitar has been kept at proper temp/humidity? For over 20 years?
Have you checked action, relief, done the straightedge test?
Just curious.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Having an OM and a D09 blackwoods in my back room congrats a great OM.

keep smilin and keep dancin   :nanadance
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

My D03BW is from 2003 and is surely made from the same batch of Blackwood.  It's an absolutely wonderful tone wood (smells good too)!   Enjoy!

That is a beautiful instrument. Taylor used to use Blackwood on one of their 300 series models. I heard a salesman play it for me. It I was to get a different tone wood, it would be Blackwood. I also live in Wisconsin.

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 23, 2024, 10:43:18 PMWe are assuming you have looked up the serial number on the Larrivee website and know for a fact the guitar is a 2003, and forgive me... I am not positive what the "BW" means. Blackwood?
And how do you know the guitar has been kept at proper temp/humidity? For over 20 years?
Have you checked action, relief, done the straightedge test?
Just curious.
Mike

I did check the Larrivee site for serial number, it is indeed a 2003 model with blackwood. I also went thru registration option and it was accepted FWIW. 

The guitar is part of an estate sale of a Larrivee dealer/collector and the estate rep mentioned the deceased owner kept the instruments in a conditioned room.

Neck relief looks good, straight edge test across top and back looked good as well.

That's all I know.
Larrivee '02 OM-03BW

Quote from: North60 on March 24, 2024, 09:03:26 AMI did check the Larrivee site for serial number, it is indeed a 2003 model with blackwood. I also went thru registration option and it was accepted FWIW. 
The guitar is part of an estate sale of a Larrivee dealer/collector and the estate rep mentioned the deceased owner kept the instruments in a conditioned room.
Neck relief looks good, straight edge test across top and back looked good as well.
That's all I know.
Thanks for the reply. You have a really nice guitar, and were fortunate to find it in such good condition. And you already have learned a couple forum members are BW enthusiasts!
Mike

I hope to connect up with Larrivee tech, Wil Bremmer @ sprucetree music in Madsion,Wi
to have him look it over, etc...

Larrivee '02 OM-03BW

Watch out, Larrivee guitars are addicting!!  :guitar
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

I have heard of the dreaded GAS. :humour:

Larrivee '02 OM-03BW

I saw that guitar, put it in my "favorite" list..then, it was gone..you lucky dog!
It looks awesome. 
I have a D03 from the same batch of Blackwood.. sounds like a dream

Congratulations

Congrats again, I looked at the dealer that I asked about which you mentioned on the *other* site, and they had some nice ones for what seemed good prices.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

Ya'll have to forgive my newbie manners, uffda I forgot donuts :(

:gotdonuts:

:donut  :donut2  :donut  :donut2  :donut  :donut2  :donut  :donut2  :donut  :donut2  :donut  :donut2

:wave
Larrivee '02 OM-03BW

Thank you!! :coffee
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Quote from: North60 on March 24, 2024, 09:03:26 AMI did check the Larrivee site for serial number, it is indeed a 2003 model with blackwood.
In another thread today I commented on "old posts". One of the old posts I read was from Matt Larrivee about the 2003 Blackwood run. Now that you have paid your donuts, you can feel free to go find that old post yourself. The search function on this forum is pretty good and it goes back to 2003.
Mike

Mike,
Thanks for blackwood tip.  It was an interesting read.

:donut2  :coffee

Larrivee '02 OM-03BW