New Live Performance of Original - "I'll Be A Song" - Forum VI

Started by musicrowscott, February 22, 2023, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howdy Fellow Larrivites!

Performed on a live radio show a few weeks ago in East Tennessee for the WDVX Blue Plate Special. They just posted this today, thought I'd share. Actually an older tune I wrote and recorded in 2016, a co-write with Stan Hitchcock. Just me singing and playing my Forum VI accompanied by Robin Ruddy on Dobro. Hope ya like it!

https://youtu.be/nQYmI2gJ2KE

Cheers,

Scott
Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

Thanks for sharing.

Lots of feeling with this performance and the dobro was a nice touch. I too have a Forum VI and glad I ordered one. Can you share what pickup you are using?

My son lived in Knoxville for three years and I used to travel there on business before retiring last year. I miss Easter TN.

Quote from: teh on February 23, 2023, 10:23:14 AMThanks for sharing.
Can you share what pickup you are using?
Last year in March, Scott said he'd put a Schertler pickup/mic in his F-VI.
Schertler-dot-com only shows one kind of soundhole PU, and the mic plugs into it.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: teh on February 23, 2023, 10:23:14 AMThanks for sharing.

Lots of feeling with this performance and the dobro was a nice touch. I too have a Forum VI and glad I ordered one. Can you share what pickup you are using?

My son lived in Knoxville for three years and I used to travel there on business before retiring last year. I miss Easter TN.

Thanks for listening, my daughter still lives there and WDVX is a big supporter of Indie Music so it's always good to visit that area!

Using a Schertler M AG6 pickup with the S Mic M. Have this set-up in both my Forum VI and my 000-40R...been excellent in all sorts of venue/sound systems. Easy to adjust if there is any feedback from stage sound. Most sound guys are very happy with the ease of mixing...much of that has to do with the inherent balance of Larrivee's but it's always fun to see their reaction when the tone is coming from smaller body guitars, ha.

Cheers,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

In the words of Perry White, "Great Scott!" By the way, I believe it's Larrivistas rather than Larravites but I'm a pedantic SOB.  :whistling:  :beer

Quote from: ducktrapper on February 23, 2023, 08:54:41 PMIn the words of Perry White, "Great Scott!" By the way, I believe it's Larrivistas rather than Larravites but I'm a pedantic SOB.  :whistling:  :beer

Ha! I like Larrivistas much better...will incorporate moving forward!

Cheers,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

Quote from: musicrowscott on February 24, 2023, 09:41:55 AMHa! I like Larrivistas much better...will incorporate moving forward!

Cheers,

SS

I pronounce it Lair-uh-veestas, by the way. Tres Francais!

I've finally made it to the USA full time. Got my green card in August. Just moved from Stevens Point to Waupaca in Wisconsin. Still aiming to visit Nashville. Maybe we both can be the song!  :laughin:   

Creative from the perspective of the song telling its story.  Enjoyed this.  Thanks.

Quote from: Strings4Him on February 25, 2023, 02:05:09 PMCreative from the perspective of the song telling its story.  Enjoyed this.  Thanks.

Thank You for checking it out!

Cheers,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

Scott, I've performed on WDVX many times! Friends with Dennis Double as well. That Larrivée sounds great.

Quote from: CelticDave on July 10, 2023, 08:19:52 AMScott, I've performed on WDVX many times! Friends with Dennis Double as well. That Larrivée sounds great.

I will not hold your friendship with Dennis against you...ha! Howdy Dave, if you live out in Knoxy I will be back on WDVX at Barley's on October 6th, it would be great to meet ya!

Cheers,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

Quote from: musicrowscott on July 11, 2023, 10:36:39 AMI will not hold your friendship with Dennis against you...ha! Howdy Dave, if you live out in Knoxy I will be back on WDVX at Barley's on October 6th, it would be great to meet ya!

Cheers,

SS

:roll

I'll keep an eye out when I'm down that way again. We live up in MD now.