New sign-up codes

Started by J M Larrivée, December 06, 2022, 04:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: mike in lytle on December 07, 2022, 09:58:14 PM
Not to get real far from the present crisis, but just what is a "more consolidated platform"? Just so I can go look and see one.
Mike
Reddit, Discord, Facebook clubs (whatever they call it on Facebook). Places where many/all topics are present, vs the old way of topic specific forums.

I've no interest in the newer platforms because I've found them to be too "in the moment" and poor for actually preserving information. That's why I really want to see forums like this one survive.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: B0WIE on December 08, 2022, 09:20:55 PM
Reddit, Discord, Facebook clubs (whatever they call it on Facebook). Places where many/all topics are present, vs the old way of topic specific forums.

I've no interest in the newer platforms because I've found them to be too "in the moment" and poor for actually preserving information. That's why I really want to see forums like this one survive.
Oh, okay. I thought "more consolidated" might have meant "better" in some way.
I agree with your sentiment.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: markj on December 07, 2022, 11:33:36 AM
It's a private registration.

The forum software is by: SMF or Simple Machine Forums.

It would be good to know who runs this show. It explicitly states that "This forum is not owned or operated by the Larrivee Guitar Company"

I had missed that since I hardly ever look at the main page; I always go straight to the forums.  I remember way back in the day when the Acoustic Guitar Forum was the Taylor Guitar Forum.  At some point it grew and people started saying nasty things about Taylor and lots of discussions went sideways. If memory serves, Taylor had the owner of the site to a meeting where they had to officially distance themselves from the thing, and then it became the AGF.  This was around 20 years ago.  I go over to the AGF sometimes but I like this forum much better.  I do wish there were more participation though.  

Bob (the new guy who tried to join) has posted a bit about his new Larrivee (SD40R) on the Martin forum (UMGF), and he is VERY enthusiastic about his new Larrivee.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I guess bcalvanese wasn't all that enthusiastic. He sent the guitar back after having it just a couple of weeks lol.

Quote from: noyage on December 21, 2022, 11:32:20 PM
I guess bcalvanese wasn't all that enthusiastic. He sent the guitar back after having it just a couple of weeks lol.

Yes...said he sent it back so that he could financially help his daughter, which may be the case (because I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet...).
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hopefully his daughter isn't named C. F. Martin
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

She's probably named 'Taylor.'