Charlie Watts - Rolling Stones drummer dies at 80

Started by JOYCEfromNS, August 24, 2021, 12:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Watts dies at 80. For some reason I would have thought he'd be one of the last to go - Ya never know
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Wow. I agree, he seemed ageless. Very sad. More so than The Who without Moon maybe more like Zeppelin without Bonzo, The Stones are truly done. RIP Charlie. You may have been the best of them all.  

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 24, 2021, 12:21:20 PM
Wow. I agree, he seemed ageless. Very sad. More so than The Who without Moon maybe more like Zeppelin without Bonzo, The Stones are truly done. RIP Charlie. You may have been the best of them all.  
I think Watts was the best backbeat drummer ever.
I do not think the Stones are finished. The Stones only had 3 original members as of yesterday, and now that is two, but there are many good people that can fill the spots that have played with and alongside the Stones. The Stones will be finished when Keith dies, which who know about that. MHO.
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 24, 2021, 05:40:34 PM
I think Watts was the best backbeat drummer ever.
I do not think the Stones are finished. The Stones only had 3 original members as of yesterday, and now that is two, but there are many good people that can fill the spots that have played with and alongside the Stones. The Stones will be finished when Keith dies, which who know about that. MHO.

He always knew where one is, that's for sure. They were to have Steve Jordan sitting in on this year's tour but Jagger is 78, Richards will be 78 soon and the youngster Woods is 74. I think, even more so than Keith, Charlie was the glue. Guess we'll see. 

Pocket drummers are rare most want to over play everything.RIP.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I was sad to hear of Charlie passing.
He was one of the best drummers ever.
R.I.P. Mr. Watts.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: unclrob on August 24, 2021, 08:59:56 PM
Pocket drummers are rare most want to over play everything.RIP.

Yep. To me, the three best drummers (not session men) of our age were Watts, Ringo and Levon Helm.

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 24, 2021, 09:28:33 PM
Yep. To me, the three best drummers (not session men) of our age were Watts, Ringo and Levon Helm.

and Hal Blaine 

Quote from: eded on August 24, 2021, 10:06:46 PM
and Hal Blaine 

Played on more hits than you can shake a maraca at but I said no session drummers.