SOLD; Larrivee SD-50.

Started by B0WIE, December 24, 2015, 05:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edit; instrument has been sold.

EDIT; I've decided to keep the SD-50.  Re-strung it and realized that if I sold it I'd just buy another before long.  If you're interested you can feel free to message me to see if I changed my mind.   J70 and rosewood SD60 sold.

I've often touted these as my absolute keepers.   :crying:  Nothing in their price range touches the sound and build quality.  However, this year I was blessed with a special edition Collings and a luthier built 000 (both $5k guitars).  Being that I'm a very much against hoarding I need to send these Larrivees to new homes.

SD-50; $1,650.  I'm the first owner and I've only had it 1 year.  Larrivee showcased this one at NAMM and when you play it, you'll know why.  Superb power and clarity.  Every note is articulate, whether you fingerpick softly or dig in hard with a pick.

----SOLD-----; SD-60; $1,750.  Amazing "tobacco sunburst" that looks so much better than any photo can capture.  Great condition with 2 upgrades; gloss headstock and new-style tuners.  Warm, piano-like tone with complexity in it's harmonic richness.

-----SOLD----  J-70; $1,500.  I'm hoping this doesn't sell because it's 1 of a kind.  The nicest flamed maple back I've seen on a Larrivee (the sense of depth doesn't show up in photos).  Gorgeous Mermaid on a Seahorse inlay on the headstock.  Has some little dings and such, all of which will be described to you in detail.  Excellent playing condition though.  Was over $3k when it was built 15 years ago.

Very painful to let these go but I simply can't hang onto everything.  I baby my guitars, keeping them in 40 to 50% humidity year-round and they are cleaned after each play.  I will give prospective buyers plenty of pics, detailed descriptions, and even a vid on request.  I'm in no rush to move them which is why this listing is very casual.  I'll eventually put them on AGF or ebay but wanted to offer them to members here for a few weeks because I'd prefer they go to forum members.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

SD-60 on-hold and pending sale to our friend BobW.

Several inquiries on the J-70 and SD-50 but no deals were sealed.  They may go to auction soon but for more than the prices listed here.

Quote from: jjgms on February 05, 2016, 04:49:53 PM
PM sent :gotpics:.  thanks
Sorry, I think your 2nd response didn't go through. Thanks for following up.  If you don't get my email/PMs by tonight then let me know as something may be getting caught in a spam filter.

Beautiful, almost-new SD-50 is available.  The other two have sold.  Thanks!

If it wasn't for the plumetting Canadian dollar, this would be my fourth Larrivee. Beautiful guitar that SD.

Quote from: homme de fer on February 12, 2016, 01:31:12 PM
If it wasn't for the plumetting Canadian dollar, this would be my fourth Larrivee. Beautiful guitar that SD.
Thanks! 
:thumb
The two two other guitars have been received by their happy new owners and feedback has been very positive.  Just needing a home for the 50, though the temptation to keep it has been growing strong.

If you change your mind, I am at sdwakaturtle@hotmail.com   Scott

likewise should you change your mind I would be interested in speaking to you...

Thanks...

Quote from: balbert on July 27, 2018, 03:26:53 PM
likewise should you change your mind I would be interested in speaking to you...

Thanks...

I just happened to see this today. Sorry, this instrument sold over a year ago. I'll update the thread.
If you're interested in a Brazilian rosewood D09, let me know. I'm not sure if I'm ready to let it go just yet but I might consider it.

Quote from: B0WIE on July 27, 2018, 11:46:11 PM
I just happened to see this today. Sorry, this instrument sold over a year ago. I'll update the thread.
If you're interested in a Brazilian rosewood D09, let me know. I'm not sure if I'm ready to let it go just yet but I might consider it.

I would be interested in the D09 if you are ready to part with it...could you send me details / photos on it?

Thanks

Quote from: balbert on August 08, 2018, 07:20:42 AM
I would be interested in the D09 if you are ready to part with it...could you send me details / photos on it?

Thanks
Hi, after posting that I went and played the D09 again and was amazed by it. I bought it at great risk (seller gave little info and claimed it was barely played) but the gamble payed off as is amazing. However, I'm not sure if I can let it go as it's got that Brazilian "wow" tone.

If I do sell it, I'll ask fair market value. Ones in lesser condition are listed for upward of $3k. I'd take $2,900. I can send pics and post a video with playing if you're a serious buyer.

It's a nice instrument. I have Collings, Bourgeois, Froggy, etc and this can hang with them. Hence why I hate to sell it because these are worth more than what they sell for.