The Band, King Harvest

Started by Danny, October 29, 2017, 10:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So yesterday out in the Texas Hill Country, there was a Collings gathering and the usual gathering of some very good players at "The Barber Shop" the group that remained when the Collings group went to a different event, was very good.
       It was like my own private concert.

Then a fellow started tuning up an old cedar top Seagull dread. He seemed a bit odd at first. He held the guitar upside down.

But once he joined in the playing was very clean. After many songs, some how The Band was brought up. I mentioned King Harvest and only this fellow and me knew it.

So we did a duet. Smiles everywhere and me and "Bill Paige" were grinning ear to ear.  How often do you get the chance to sing and play one of your favorite Band songs, with others, in public.

More about "Bill Paige" later, a very interesting person.

Great tune, one not often covered and not easy to do well. I'd like to have heard it.   :beer

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 29, 2017, 11:59:18 AM
Great tune, one not often covered and not easy to do well. I'd like to have heard it.   :beer
That's what I was thinking. Not your typical "jam"song. I just pulled out the DVD of Last Waltz the other day and watched for the first time in ten years. Still best rock concert ever in my book.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.