Question for lefties

Started by Paraclete, March 16, 2017, 10:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I don't know where else to post this, so I think this section is appropriate.  I'm in the process of refitting an old classical guitar for a client/friend.  It's something she played briefly as a teen.  Now she wants her grandson to have it.  Both he and she are left handed, and so I will be stringing it accordingly.  But I want to throw in some chord diagrams and maybe an instructional book, since he doesn't have a teacher (and lives in a somewhat remote part of N Dak.).  Is it better to have chord diagrams that are reversed (reflecting the fretboard of a lefty guitar) or will that confuse him later on?  He is 7. 

A side note....he apparently has quite the musical aptitude already and should have no problem teaching himself the basics.  Hopefully he will have the opportunity to take lessons in the future.

TIA   :donut :donut2 :coffee
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Just the normal chorddiagrams, it's just a matter of habit. I did it that way and I'm happy that I've learned it the normal way.  :thumb
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Olav Loef 00 'Dav L'. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder 'Charlien' 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string 'Otto' 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2015

Letft-handed chord charts are availabile on the internet.  Google it

Hmmm... Maybe lefty chord diagrams would be less confusing for a kid.  Off to google and print.
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin