Crazy wood at Charis....

Started by fitness1, March 16, 2017, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill at Charis took a couple guitars in on trade for a new build - man do they have incredible wood sets!!  First one is a Waterfall Mahogany and Engelmann...that has my attention, big time....

The other is a Myrtle/Euro spruce.....

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

If they sound half -CENSORED- good as they look buy em both.  Buy the mahogany one twice.  :arrow
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!

Quote from: webberink on March 16, 2017, 03:19:40 PM
If they sound half -CENSORED- good as they look buy em both.  Buy the mahogany one twice.  :arrow
Dave

I played them both for about 5 minutes - and I think I might have to go back for a second "dip" on the Mahogany..... :roll
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Huh, whats going on?  I got censored again, twice in one day this time for using the word "as"?  That strikes me as being just a tab bit tight ased
Any way fitness, I have a lovely very curly SA mahogany guitar that the back and sides looks very much like the mahogany guitar you have pictured here  (its a Morgan ... and I hope I can use that word here and not get censored).  It is the most honest and best sounding guitar I have ever owned/played/heard.  It goes way beyond any mahogany guitar I have ever had anything to do with and I am convinced that it has to do, at least partly, with the density of the curly figured mahogany wood.  I may be crazy thinking this, but I sure do love this guitar, not just because its pretty, and it is, but mostly because of the way it sounds.
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!

I got censored in a recent post for typing "give a rat's (aye ess ess)", and "kick-(aye ess ess)".  Both censors were in the same post.  I edited the post to say rat's butt and kick-butt.  Censoring algorithms are imperfect I suppose, but annoying nonetheless.  If I wanted to post something about the virgin Mary riding an -CENSORED- into Bethlehem, I suppose it would be censored as well.  To get around it, I would have to use the term donkey instead.

As to the topic of the thread, those are fantastic looking guitars, but out of my league in terms of affordability I'm guessing.  Even if I could afford them I couldn't justify buying one unless the sound was as excellent as the beauty of them.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Yup, just as I thought.  The algorithm doesn't consider context and having someone read every thread to check the context isn't in the cards.

Test:  Breasts,  tits (tee eye tee ess)
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar