Steve Winwood Acoustic "Can't find my way..."

Started by Danny, November 16, 2016, 05:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI

Love the percussion added by the crackling of the fire....   :roll

Actually very awesome recording!
George

That's not a Larrivee!   :wink:

Seriously, nice, simple, easily learned version in drop D. Steve is always terrific.

The Recording was really top shelf. I think he just used the Mic. anyway It sounded live and the guitar was so sweet.

Quote from: Danny on November 16, 2016, 06:04:15 PM
It sounded live and the guitar was so sweet.
:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: georbro3 on November 16, 2016, 05:19:33 PM
Love the percussion added by the crackling of the fire....   :roll

Actually very awesome recording!
I listened again,  you are right about the fire.  It does add to the song.
  I think this song has been my favorite one of the blind faith album,  even with the others that caught my ear at first.

Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith, solo.  Wow.  What a musical legacy.  I still love those organ riffs on Gimme Some Lovin and I'm A Man.

Quote from: Walkerman on November 17, 2016, 07:21:25 AM
Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith, solo.  Wow.  What a musical legacy.  I still love those organ riffs on Gimme Some Lovin and I'm A Man.

Sat in on some Hendrix sessions and others too.  The live CD he made with Clapton a few years ago is terrific, as well. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 17, 2016, 07:24:08 AM

Sat in on some Hendrix sessions and others too.  The live CD he made with Clapton a few years ago is terrific, as well.  
He is on a couple of the Crossroads guitar festivals that Clapton puts on.  He and Clapton do some songs together...magic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn_ue7PH8Q8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PvE88H8vb-4

There was a thread about not being any "musical Giants" emerging anymore.  This is kind of what it was about.

Quote from: Walkerman on November 17, 2016, 06:08:07 PM
He is on a couple of the Crossroads guitar festivals that Clapton puts on.  He and Clapton do some songs together...magic.

There was a thread about not being any "musical Giants" emerging anymore.  This is kind of what it was about.

George

Quote from: Walkerman on November 17, 2016, 06:08:07 PM

Yeah, I started that one. It seems to be true. Artists of the past stood on the shoulders of giants. Will artists of the future stand in their shadows?  :? 

Great song, great solo version. Making me feel old, though, thinking about just how long I've loved that song. We sure have a lot of great music to be thankful for from "our generation." Something magical happened in the 60's and 70's and translated into music for the ages.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Quote from: Riverbend on November 18, 2016, 06:46:18 AM
Great song, great solo version. Making me feel old, though, thinking about just how long I've loved that song. We sure have a lot of great music to be thankful for from "our generation." Something magical happened in the 60's and 70's and translated into music for the ages.

Riding Albert's bike? :whistling:

I'm with you on Winwood, "Can't Find My Way Home" has always been one of my favorites, but I think we all are living in the past. I was listening to the Black Keys last night and Auerbach is a dynamite guitarist, just different from all of us dinosaurs. Overlooking the '80s with the hair bands and disco, some great music has been and will continue to be made. I hope not to be like my Dad and wonder where all the good music and great players went.

Quote from: nctom on November 18, 2016, 09:18:48 AM
I'm with you on Winwood, "Can't Find My Way Home" has always been one of my favorites, but I think we all are living in the past. I was listening to the Black Keys last night and Auerbach is a dynamite guitarist, just different from all of us dinosaurs. Overlooking the '80s with the hair bands and disco, some great music has been and will continue to be made. I hope not to be like my Dad and wonder where all the good music and great players went.
I can agree that my referenced time period is not exclusive to great music, as my music collection certainly demonstrates. However, I just can't get over the historic shift that took place during those years. At least for me anyway. Ah, but some of these young whippersnappers are doing things with their music that blows me away.
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 18, 2016, 07:56:56 AM
Riding Albert's bike? :whistling:
Ah yes, we must keep moving...and moving we have done. It's inevitable.
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

Quote from: Riverbend on November 18, 2016, 09:35:53 AM
I can agree that my referenced time period is not exclusive to great music, as my music collection certainly demonstrates. However, I just can't get over the historic shift that took place during those years. At least for me anyway. Ah, but some of these young whippersnappers are doing things with their music that blows me away.

I hear nothing much that isn't retreads of what has gone before. Some of it good but much of it mundane. I see a lot of the new groups actually. Jools Holland's show is great for that. I watched Austin City Limits last night. A great REM concert (one of the last great bands) and they were followed by The National and Band of Horses (two of the top new alt rock bands) ...  :yawn

I just wrote a really long post and lost it on my smarter than me phone. Oh well.

Quote from: Danny on November 18, 2016, 10:23:20 AM
I just wrote a really long post and lost it on my smarter than me phone. Oh well.

I hate when that happens.  :crying: